Senior Business Analyst
Kobalt is one of the world’s largest, most innovative music companies, using technology to power creative freedom, transparency, ownership and control for artists, songwriters, publishers, and labels.
Founded in 2000 by Swedish entrepreneur Willard Adhitz, the startup built a platform to maximize efficiency, accuracy, and transparency across the billions of micro-payments collected in today’s highly complex digital world. As the traditional music companies fought technology and contracted, Kobalt embraced it and grew, building an infrastructure and world-class creative team purposely designed to usher in the streaming era, along with a more fair, rewarding music business for creators.
With over 400 employees in 12 offices around the world, Kobalt today represents over 31,000 artists and songwriters, 700,000 songs and 600 publishing companies. Kobalt is proud to work with artists, songwriters, and companies like Childish Gambino, Max Martin, Paul McCartney and MPL Communications, Disney Music Group, and many more.
We’re looking for someone who is driven to analyse complex business problems, manage multiple amazing stakeholders and make sense of an ever growing and challenging industry. Kobalt continues to grow 3x faster than the market and as such has a continuous focus on scaling out its systems, products and services to cope with the increasing demand.
This role will sit in our Product, Design and Delivery team and will require someone who is exceptionally T-Shaped; with experience in working both broadly and deeply across multiple initiatives. The increasing complexity of our systems and processes means that we need analysis across our business. We need someone to facilitate understanding of business requirements, technology constraints and processes across our exciting transformation programmes, wider Product and Technology teams and business stakeholders.
Who is the Product organisation?
The Product organisation is made up of three distinct functions: Product Management, Programme & Delivery Management and UX & Design. Each of these functions work together to create products and services for our B2C users (songwriters, artists etc) and B2B users (publishing companies and our internal teams, from Creative to Writer & Publisher Relations teams and more)
Business Analysis will be our fourth distinct function, working in close collaboration with the other three.
Our products and technology have gone through significant transformation over the last few years and, as such this role will provide analysis to further the continuation of this journey whilst maximising business impact and process optimisation across our business.
Business Analysis at Kobalt will be a new function for this person to own. We want our analysts to recognise and explore opportunities within the business for delivering continuous improvement, understand how change solutions will logically flow into the existing or new business processes across the organisation and work with business users to investigate and document business functions, processes, information flows and data structures, using various methodical and consistent techniques.
What you will bring:
- You will have a real passion for creating clarity out of large, complex areas. You’ll love to work with an array of stakeholders from Creatives to deeply technical developers. You’ll bring the energy to drive change, facilitate conversations and build a connective tissue between Product and the wider business.
- You will bring extensive knowledge of business analysis methodologies with experience in using your BA toolkit to analyse, reduce and facilitate the understanding of complex tech, product and business problems.
- You will have confidence in championing Business Analysis; setting up, with support of Product Leadership, Business Analysis as a practice at Kobalt. You lead on both strategy and execution of analysis. As the new function grows, you will be responsible for providing leadership to the Business Analysts in your team, driving change across the business.
- You’ll provide analysis to senior stakeholders promoting exceptional change management, documentation and communication skills whilst driving decision making, analytical thinking and support the development process by empowering and mentoring engineers, product managers and delivery managers.
- You’ll be a part of Kobalt’s Product leadership team; defining our product strategy, making pragmatic recommendations, based on thorough analysis, for our products and fostering understanding across our Product and Technology teams.
- You will have experience in working with product roadmaps, aligning Product goals to overarching business objectives and analysing scope of work. You will have experience in conducting risk analysis and assessing trade off decisions between conflicting priorities. You will be comfortable using data tools, providing insights and conducting cost/benefit analysis
What does success look like:
- You’re able to facilitate understanding across a broad and diverse mix of stakeholders, using analysis to aid decision making.
- You’re able to align product goals to overarching business objectives and define KPIs against product metrics through to strategy
- You build a high performing analysis capability; understanding the business area/operating model that a change/project will be impacting through business domain modelling of the processes, information, stakeholders and policies.
- You’ll accrue substantial knowledge of how the industry operates and become a lighthouse for the engineering and product teams & peers around you.
What do we offer:
- Salary Range: Discuss with the Talent Partner.
- Flexible working. KTech operates with a hybrid working policy (fully remote possible).
- 25 days annual.
- 1 well being day per quarter.
- Half day summer Fridays (July and August).
- Christmas closure.
- Meeting free Fridays afternoon outside of the summer months. We use this as dedicated learning time.
- 5% pension contribution.
- Health Insurance.
Interview Process and our commitments to you:
- Recruiter Call (30mins)
- Hiring Manager Call (60 mins)
- Presentation to a selection of Product Leadership team and business stakeholders (90 mins)
- Cultural Round (30-45mins)
- We are committed to completing the process in 2 working weeks and are willing to be flexible to meet the candidates requirements.
- We are also committed to providing feedback on each interview no longer than 24hrs after the interview via email, telephone call or ZOOM.