Senior IT Support Engineer - Contract
Kobalt is one of the world’s largest, most innovative music companies, using technology to power creative freedom, transparency, ownership and control for artists, songwriters, publishers, and labels.
Founded in 2000 by Swedish entrepreneur Willard Adhitz, the startup built a platform to maximise efficiency, accuracy, and transparency across the billions of micro-payments collected in today’s highly complex digital world. As the traditional music companies fought technology and contracted, Kobalt embraced it and grew, building an infrastructure and world-class creative team purposely designed to usher in the streaming era, along with a more fair, rewarding music business for creators.
With over 400 employees in 12 offices around the world, Kobalt today represents over 31,000 artists and songwriters, 700,000 songs and 600 publishing companies. Kobalt is proud to work with artists, songwriters, and companies like Childish Gambino, Max Martin, Paul McCartney and MPL Communications, Disney Music Group, and many more.
The IT team is a global team of 7 that reports to the VP for Information Technology, forming part of the wider KTech engineering function. We provide support for in excess of 400 people across 10 global locations.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team of 7 who will play an integral part in helping shape an ever evolving support environment. Reporting to the Service Desk Manager the Senior IT Support Engineer will be part of a global team of 4, be a positive support, mentor and escalation point to the juniors in the team to look up to as well as being responsible for providing onsite support to our London office as well as remotely supporting the rest of Kobalt’s offices and employees.
Areas of focus will include
- Providing day to day onsite and remote support to all levels of staff
- Management of incidents and requests through a ticketing system
- Management and security of our MacOS and Windows environments, inclusive of application deployment, management configurations & policies.
- Day to day support of meeting room and event equipment
- Support all IT aspects of our Joiners & Leavers process
- Assisting with global projects
- Contribute to our growing employee and technical knowledge base
- Look to continually improve the systems, services and processes we use to support our customers and make their experience as easy and efficient as possible.
- 2+ years experience of MacOS desktop management (100+), inclusive of managing app packaging & deployment, device configurations and policies using Jamf
- Team player but also able to work independently
- Customer focused
- Troubleshooting, technical and problem solving skills
- Experience of managing Windows environments (300+) with Intune
- Demonstrable knowledge of administering Okta and Google Workspace with GAM
- Confident working with command line tools and scripting
- Passion for automation
Ideal / Nice to have
- ITIL environment & change management exposure
- Demonstrate security best practices
- Slack and Zoom administration
- Freshservice experience
- Hiring Manager Interview (60 mins)
- Technical Interview (60 mins)
- Culture Add Interview (45 mins)