Software Engineer - Tech Onboarding
Kobalt is one of the world’s largest, most innovative music companies, using technology to power creative freedom, transparency, ownership and control for artists, songwriters, publishers, and labels.
The Catalogue Onboarding team is focused on the meticulous task of ingesting music copyright catalogues. The team is seeking to hire a skilled Software Engineer to join their mission and scale up their flagship product.
You'll be instrumental in building technology that ensures music catalogues are ingested with utmost quality, making them accessible to the wider organisation.
What you will bring:
- Demonstrable proficiency in Python, particularly with Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), ensuring clean, modular, and maintainable code
- Hands-on experience with source control systems, preferably Git. You should be comfortable with merging, branching, and addressing merge conflicts.
- Spearhead the onboarding of music catalogues by building, refining, and optimising automation tools that simplify and expedite ingestion processes.
- Actively contribute to the development, testing, and rollout of our systems, ensuring their efficiency, scalability, and robustness
- Contribute to systems design and architecture
What you will learn
- Engage in a vibrant, entrepreneurial, and inclusive culture, collaborating with music publishing, engineering and product leaders
- Work in a supportive environment offering mentorship, dynamic challenges, and growth opportunities
- Immerse yourself in all aspect of product engineering lifecycle
- The opportunity to shape the product trajectory and use your expertise to drive meaningful impact
- Join a global company that's shaping the future of music rights management.
What does success look like:
- Regularly launching features that align with our core values and demonstrably create a positive ripple effect throughout our operations.
- Demonstrating consistent growth in your technical and operational capabilities
- Taking the initiative to tackle challenging issues head-on, and devising innovative solutions that reflect both analytical depth and creative thinking
- Playing a supportive role within Catalogue and ensuring that both peers and extended team members benefit from your expertise and collaborative spirit.
Who is the Catalogue Onboarding Team?
The Catalogue Onboarding team is focused on the meticulous task of ingesting music copyright catalogues.
Our primary goal is to ensure that every song and its rights are ingested and accurately represented for the wider organisation.
With the aid of our systems and tools, we navigate the complexities of music copyright, ensuring that each catalogue is onboarded efficiently and of the utmost quality.
Team Tech Stack:
- Oracle (PL/SQL & SQL)
- Designed and implemented a copyright and rights ingestion pipeline using modern technologies
What do we offer:
- Salary Range: Discuss with the Talent Partner.
- Flexible working. KTech operates with a hybrid working policy (fully remote possible).
- 25 days annual leave.
- 1 well-being day per quarter.
- Half-day summer Fridays (July and August).
- Christmas closure.
- Meeting free Fridays afternoons outside of the summer months. We use this as dedicated learning time.
- 5% pension contribution.
- Health Insurance.
Interview Process and our commitments to you:
- Recruiter Call (30mins)
- Hiring Manager Call (60 mins)
- Final Interview - Pairing, White Board Exercise & Culture (120 mins)
- We are committed to completing the process in 2 working weeks and will be flexible to meet the candidate's requirements.
- We are also committed to providing feedback on each interview no longer than 24hrs after via email, telephone call or Zoom.
Founded in 2000 by Swedish entrepreneur Willard Adhitz, the startup built a platform to maximise efficiency, accuracy, and transparency across the billions of micro-payments collected in today’s highly complex digital world. As the traditional music companies fought technology and contracted, Kobalt embraced it and grew, building an infrastructure and world-class creative team purposely designed to usher in the streaming era, along with a more fair, rewarding music business for creators. Our technology enables them to access royalty payments 4x faster while also maximising the royalty collection amounts.
With over 400 employees in 12 offices around the world, Kobalt today represents over 31,000 artists and songwriters, 700,000 songs and 600 publishing companies. Kobalt is proud to work with artists, songwriters, and companies like Childish Gambino, Max Martin, Paul McCartney and MPL Communications, Disney Music Group, and many more.
Kobalt continues to grow 3x faster than the market and as such has a continuous focus on scaling out its systems, products and services to cope with the increasing demand. One of the key opportunities for Kobalt is to address the masses of songwriters that are reasonably early in their careers and as such struggle to get representation from strong publishers. As most publishers depend primarily on manual processes, the cost of service usually outweighs the revenue potential that those songwriters would generate. Through technology, Kobalt aims to reduce the cost of service for each individual songwriter, making it viable to support large numbers of songwriters at a marginal cost.