Senior Manager, Corporate Finance (FP&A)
We are hiring a Manager, Corporate Finance in New York to support all of Kobalt’s business units. This FP&A position will be part of the global Corporate Finance team and report to the VP, Corporate Finance. You will help to drive the business through regular forecasting and analysis with a focus on revenue – creating and developing financial models, providing insight into revenue performance, and carrying out ad-hoc analyses for senior management.
WHAT DOES A FP&A MANAGER DO AT KOBALT?
- You continuously drive improvement in modelling and forecasting, including building/refining model logic and assumptions while operating across multiple systems.
- You carry out analyses to inform, update and refine forecasting assumptions and logic, and extract insight on business performance.
- You respond to ad-hoc requests for financial information/analysis and supporting strategic and operational decision making as appropriate.
- You ensure forecasts (covering P&L, cash flow and KPIs) are updated on time, communicating as appropriate with stakeholders in the business and in Finance.
- You also ensure delivery of regular weekly/monthly/quarterly management reporting and commentary.
- You improve and integrate data across multiple systems and departments to increase reliability, accuracy and usefulness of reporting.
- You will liaise with banks and manage bank reporting processes.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You are a qualified accountant with experience of independently manage forecasts and budgeting processes as well as owning complex models.
- You also have experience working in an FP&A, budgeting and/or forecasting role and experience preparing deliverables and presenting to senior management.
- You have an advanced level of Excel as well as financial modelling skills, having built models from scratch.
- You have a strong experience overseeing revenue forecasting, and comfortable defining specific deliverables and proposing solutions.
- You have experience querying and manipulating large volume complex datasets/databases and comfortable using systems and tools such as Adaptive, Hyperion and BI tools like Tableau.
- You may have experience working in the music or creative industries, but the most important thing is that you have an ability to work independently, and can efficiently manage tight deadlines in a fast paced environment and of course, a passion for working in music!
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive culture. . We’re dedicated to providing the space for personal growth and have the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Work-Life Balance: Our hybrid work model ensures close relationships with your team, the perks of office life, and the flexibility to work from home.
Global Corporate Discounts: You get access to Perkbox gives you access to over 4,000 perks and discounts worldwide.
Leave Entitlement: On top of generous leave entitlement, our offices close between Christmas & New Years Days, plus we give 4 additional days a year for self-care. In the summer period, we also enjoy Friday afternoons off during July and August.
Good Vibes: We provide a subscription to Calm, access to the Perkbox Wellbeing Hub, and an employee assistance program to support your well-being.
Family friendly benefits: Enhanced health insurance, pension and parental leave entitlement.
Learning Opportunities: We offer a range of tools and support to help you stay on track with your development goals, so you can grow and succeed in your career.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.