Fullstack Software Engineer - Catalogue Pipeline
Kobalt is one of the world’s largest, most innovative music companies, using technology to power creative freedom, transparency, ownership and control for artists, songwriters, publishers, and labels.
Founded in 2000 by Swedish entrepreneur Willard Adhritz, the startup built a platform to maximise efficiency, accuracy, and transparency across the billions of micro-payments collected in today’s highly complex digital world. As traditional music companies fought technology and contracted, Kobalt embraced it and grew, building an infrastructure and world-class creative team purposely designed to usher in the streaming era and a more fair, rewarding music business for creators. Our technology enables them to access royalty payments 4x faster while also maximising the royalty collection amounts.
With over 400 employees in 12 offices worldwide, Kobalt today represents over 31,000 artists and songwriters, 700,000 songs and 600 publishing companies. Kobalt is proud to work with artists, songwriters, and companies like Childish Gambino, Max Martin, Paul McCartney, MPL Communications, Disney Music Group, and many more.
Kobalt continues to grow 3x faster than the market and, as such, continuously focuses on scaling out its systems, products and services to cope with the increasing demand. One of the key opportunities for Kobalt is to address the masses of songwriters who are reasonably early in their careers and, as such, struggle to get representation from strong publishers. As most publishers depend on primarily manual processes, the service cost usually outweighs the revenue potential that those songwriters would generate. Through technology, Kobalt aims to reduce the cost of service for each individual songwriter, making it viable to support large numbers of songwriters at a marginal cost.
Who is the Catalogue Pipeline Team?
The Catalogue Pipeline team is focused on building and maintaining a scalable, automated and performant registrations pipeline, a modern catalogue and rights management system and various metadata enrichment capabilities for Kobalt and AMRA.
Our primary goal is to ensure that every song is enriched and registered accurately and cost-efficiently with collection societies, sub-publishers and digital service providers around the world.
Team Tech Stack:
- Java, Spring Boot, Kafka (Streams), Kubernetes, SQL
- React/NextJs, Typescript, Chakra UI, Jest/React testing libraries
- AWS, Terraform
- CircleCI, GitHub, Docker, Datadog, Gradle
- Postgres, Oracle
What you will bring:
- Solid Java and React/NextJs skills
- Experience with cloud technologies, preferably AWS services
- Experience working with databases, SQL query optimisation and designing schemas
- Familiarity with APIs, RESTful services and microservice architectures
- Exposure to infrastructure as code, ideally with Terraform
- Good understanding of systems design, algorithms and data structures
- Exposure to CI/CD pipelines, DevOps methodologies and test automation (unit, integration, end-to-end).
- Experience working on large and complex applications with high business and customer impact
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excitement to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
What do we offer:
- Competitive Salary: Discuss with the Talent Partner.
- Flexible working. KTech operates with a hybrid working policy (fully remote possible).
- 25 days annual leave.
- 1 well-being day per quarter.
- Half-day summer Fridays (July and August).
- Christmas closure.
- Meeting free Fridays afternoons outside of the summer months. We use this as dedicated learning time.
- 5% pension contribution.
- Health Insurance.
Interview Process and our commitments to you:
- Recruiter Call (30mins)
- Technical Screening Call (60 mins)
- Final Interview - Pairing, White Board Exercise & Culture (120 mins)
We are committed to completing the process in 2 working weeks and will be flexible to meet the candidate's requirements.
We are also committed to providing feedback on each interview at most 48 hours after the interview via email, telephone call or ZOOM.