Junior Analyst, Tracking & Business Intelligence
Joining the Royalty Tracking & BI team in our London office, the Junior Tracking Analyst will work within a small group reporting to the Director of Tracking and BI. The team sits with the Royalties department and is central to supporting Writer and Publisher relations, Finance, Royalties and Copyright with data, analytics and insights. Overall, the team is responsible for the assurance of revenue from affiliates around the world, as well as finding additional opportunities to maximise revenue further in new and existing markets.
To be successful in this role, you will need a high level of organisational skills and prioritisation skills, as well as the ability to quickly adapt to new challenges. You will need a positive can do approach to all situations and the ability to make sense of often vague and opaque business queries. You will take ownership of weekly recurring, as well as ad-hoc tasks focusing on executing income tracking exercises to drive maximum value and provide our clients with the most transparent and accurate royalty reporting in the music industry. This requires a process-driven mindset and a high level of attention to detail. You’ll need to be comfortable working with large datasets and be driven to tell compelling stories with data.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS A JUNIOR ANALYST?
- You conduct ad hoc investigations, create reports and deliver findings to support Senior Management initiatives.
- You support our W&PR team with ad-hoc income royalty analysis for specific external clients and client owner queries.
- You maintain and improve existing processes that measure income behaviour over time.
- You work cross functionally to investigate deeper into the cause of income gaps and payment anomalies.
- You stay on top of the latest updates concerning incoming statements from PRO's, CMO's and direct licences to help inform business insights on revenue performance.
- You support audit investigations by working on audit queries and delivering accurate commentary with supporting analysis.
- You refresh KPI dashboards and ensure data remains up to date.
- You seek to develop your technical skills as well as domain knowledge so that you are able to apply new found skills to existing and new projects.
- You communicate with stakeholders across the business to gather requirements and understand business challenges or client specific issues.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a basic understanding of publishing and royalty income flow across various revenue/rights streams, including radio/live performance/AV but particularly in regard to the digital landscape & major DSPs.
- You have intermediate Excel skills (using formulas, pivot tables, using power query, building charts and other visualisations to convey a message).
- You have basic SQL skills, understanding of relational databases, writing basic queries, joining tables, using case logic etc.
- You have excellent organisation & prioritisation skills working under high pressure and to tight deadlines.
- You have some experience with using dashboards (Tableau, Power BI, Looker etc.).
- You have excellent communication skills, an innovative mindset with desire to create, improve and learn.
- You have high numeracy, analytical and attention to detail skills.
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of the offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.