Senior Analyst, Tracking & Business Intelligence
Joining the Royalty Tracking & BI team in our London office, the Senior Tracking Analyst will work within a small group reporting to the Director of Tracking and BI. The team sits with the Royalties department and is central to supporting Writer and Publisher relations, Finance, Royalties and Copyright with data, analytics and insights. The aim of the role is to effectively build and manage the tools required to support self-serve analytics, measure publishing income performance and surface anomalies in payments received from a multitude of PRO’s, CMO’s and direct licensees.
To be successful in this role, you will need a high level of organisational skills and prioritisation skills, as well as a proven ability to quickly adapt to new challenges. You will need a positive can do approach to all situations and the ability to make sense of often vague and opaque business queries.
You will need to be someone who is very comfortable making sense out of very large datasets with a proven ability to create engaging and interactive dashboards that can provide compelling actionable insights. You have experience in data analytics and are able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of data analysis concepts, data visualisation and data science methodologies.
You will take ownership of weekly recurring, as well as ad-hoc tasks focusing on executing income tracking exercises to drive maximum value and provide our clients with the most transparent and accurate royalty reporting in the music industry. This requires a process-driven mindset and a high level of attention to detail.
WHAT WOULD YOU DO AS A SENIOR TRACKING ANALYST?
- You develop and productionise ad-hoc reports using applicable analytics tools that feed business insights on income trends, income behaviour and anomaly detection.
- You work cross functionally to investigate deeper into the cause of income gaps and payment anomalies.
- You support audits by investigating complex audit queries and delivering accurate commentary with supporting analysis.
- You design & build interactive dashboards in Tableau.
- You leverage 3rd party data to augment productionised reports and maximise the level of business intel.
- You maintain and refresh KPI dashboards.
- You run regular tracking processes that measure income performance, income behaviour and surface anomalies in receipts.
- You design & build predictive machine learning models using Python or R.
- You communicate with stakeholders across the business to gather requirements and understand business challenges or client specific issues.
- You stay on top of the latest updates concerning incoming statements from PRO's, CMO's and direct licences to help inform business insights on revenue performance.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have a good understanding of publishing and royalty income flow across various revenue/rights streams, including radio/live performance/AV but particularly in regard to the digital landscape & major DSPs.
- You have proven experience working in a data analytics function working with big data using analytical tools.
- You have advanced Excel skills, but with an attitude to innovate beyond ‘traditional’ XL-based workflows.
- You have proven experience working with Data visualisation tools, preferably Tableau and a history of developing interactive, and engaging dashboards that allow users to self-serve with business insights.
- You have an understanding of data science concepts, techniques and methods, modelling, time series analysis and forecasting.
- You have intermediate to advanced SQL skills with proven experience of manipulating data and data extraction.
- You have a familiarity with AWS services, e.g. Athena & S3.
- You have excellent communication skills with experience communicating to a wide-ranging audience of varying seniority, skill, and knowledge.
- You have an innovative mindset with a desire to create, improve, and automate.
If this sounds like you, then please share your story by filling out the application below. To get you in the right mood, have a listen here to songs by our talented creators, especially curated to get you in the right mood when looking for the next challenge!
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of the offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.