IT Infrastructure Engineer
Kobalt is one of the world’s largest, most innovative music companies, using technology to power creative freedom, transparency, ownership and control for artists, songwriters, publishers, and labels.
Founded in 2000 by Swedish entrepreneur Willard Ahdritz, the startup built a platform to maximize efficiency, accuracy, and transparency across the billions of micro-payments collected in today’s highly complex digital world. As the traditional music companies fought technology and contracted, Kobalt embraced it and grew, building an infrastructure and world-class creative team purposely designed to usher in the streaming era, along with a more fair, rewarding music business for creators. Our technology enables them to access royalty payments 4x faster while also maximising the royalty collection amounts.
With over 400 employees in 12 offices around the world, Kobalt today represents over 31,000 artists and songwriters, 700,000 songs and 600 publishing companies. Kobalt is proud to work with artists, songwriters, and companies like Childish Gambino, Max Martin, Paul McCartney and MPL Communications, Disney Music Group, and many more.
Kobalt continues to grow 3x faster than the market and as such has a continuous focus on scaling out its systems, products and services to cope with the increasing demand. One of the key opportunities for Kobalt is to address the masses of songwriters that are reasonably early in their careers and as such struggle to get representation from strong publishers. As most publishers depend on primarily manual processes, the cost of service usually outweighs the revenue potential that those songwriters would generate. Through technology, Kobalt aims to reduce the cost of service for each individual songwriter, making it viable to support large numbers of songwriters at a marginal cost.
Who is the IT Team?
Our global IT team of 7 who report to the VP for Information Technology & Security, integral to the broader KTech engineering function. We play a crucial role in delivering support to over 400 spread across 10 global locations.
What you will bring:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Extensive proficiency with Intune and related Windows deployment technologies, including configuring policies, packaging apps, and OS deployment.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding Windows, including server versions, and proficiency in related technologies.
- Experience collaborating with security standards and frameworks, such as ISO, NIST, and CIS.
- Experience in cloud based IdP administration, with a preference being Okta.
- Experience with AWS technologies.
- Comfortable using the command line and proficient in writing scripts for automation.
- Experience in SaaS management, including platforms such as Atlassian, Slack and Salesforce.
- Lead the deployment of Windows desktop technologies, with some oversight of MacOS too.
- Responsible for supporting and maintaining the corporate infrastructure, including servers, networks, and cloud services.
- Manage and support both new and existing SaaS solutions.
- Provide third-line support for resolving incidents escalated from the IT Helpdesk.
- Contribute to the technology roadmap by suggesting the use of new tools and procedures as required.
What do we offer:
- Salary Range: Discuss with the Talent Partner.
- Flexible working. KTech operates with a hybrid working policy (fully remote possible in the UK or Ireland).
- 25 days annually.
- 1 wellbeing day per quarter.
- Half day summer Fridays (July and August).
- Christmas closure.
- Meeting free Fridays afternoon outside of the summer months. We use this as dedicated learning time.
- 5% pension contribution.
- Health Insurance.
Interview Process and our commitments to you:
- We are committed to completing the process in 2-3 working weeks and are willing to be flexible to meet the candidates requirements.
- We are also committed to providing feedback on each interview no longer than 48hrs after the interview via email, telephone call or Zoom.