VP, Tracking & Business Intelligence
Kobalt is a pioneering music and technology company dedicated to supporting artists, songwriters, publishers, and labels. Our commitment to innovation, transparency, and fairness propels the industry forward, ensuring equitable compensation for every artist, songwriter, and publisher.
As the Vice President of Royalty Tracking and Business Intelligence at Kobalt Music Publishing, you will play a strategic role in orchestrating and optimising the royalty tracking process, providing business intelligence insights, and driving revenue growth. This leadership position requires someone who can demonstrate experience in developing first class teams, proficiency in data extraction and analysis, and an understanding of the music rights management landscape would be valuable.
What you will do:
Royalty Tracking and Business Intelligence:
- Lead the development and implementation of advanced data extraction and analysis processes to join internally owned data with third-party market intelligence. Experience with SQL is essential with relevant adjacent languages such as R, VBA and Python preferred.
- Manipulate, wrangle and analyse large datasets using appropriate software to derive actionable insights. Confident Excel competence is essential.
- Promote the effective use of industry standard BI platforms like Tableau to translate data into visual insights for informed decision making.
- Balance long-term strategic projects with immediate ad-hoc requests from the Executive Leadership team, ensuring efficient delivery on both fronts.
- Spearhead the development of best in class process documentation to streamline royalty tracking and business intelligence operations.
- Effectively communicate with senior stakeholders to provide updates on royalty tracking progress, business intelligence findings, and strategic initiatives.
- Challenge the status quo by presenting innovative solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Performance Metrics and KPIs:
- Create and work towards key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of royalty tracking initiatives. Taking direct ownership of the conceptualisation, articulation and delivery of value for money process.
- Implement metrics to measure the efficacy of collection uplift, enhancing client confidence in Kobalt's royalty management services.
- Cultivate a high performing team by providing mentorship, guidance, and professional development opportunities.
- Endorse a culture of continuous learning and knowledge sharing within the tracking and business intelligence team.
- Encourage collaboration with cross functional teams, including, legal, finance, and technology, to ensure alignment in executing strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate with international teams to address global considerations in royalty tracking and business intelligence, taking into consideration regional nuances and requirements.
What we are looking for:
- Proven experience of nurturing high performing teams.
- Confident storyteller adept at conveying insights to both technical and non-technical senior stakeholders.
- Track record of increasing revenue through data led insights and initiatives
- Strategic mindset, adept at balancing short-term and long-term objectives.
- Innovative thinker unafraid to challenge the status quo.
- Confident in creating and achieving KPIs.
- Proficient in data extraction and analysis languages (SQL, R, VBA). Python knowledge would be valuable.
- Strong expertise in manipulating large datasets using Excel.
- Experience with BI platforms like Tableau or similar tools.
- Proven ability to develop and document processes.
The Hiring Process:
- Recruiter Screening Call (30mins)
- Hiring Manager Call (60mins)
- Panel Round including a Presentation. (90mins) preferably onsite.
- Culture Round (45mins)
- Meet the team.
We are dedicated to ensuring a swift and efficient hiring process for you as a candidate. Our goal is to finalise your process within 3-4 working weeks from the recruiter screen. This allows us to thoroughly evaluate your experience in alignment with our hiring criteria for the position. If you require any additional support or assistance please reach out to the recruitment team directly.
Kobalt Music Publishing is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply.