Joining the Royalties & Statements department in our London office, the primary role of the Royalties Coordinator will be to take ownership of weekly, recurring as well as ad-hoc tasks focusing on data, analysis and processing of our clients’ music royalties.
This requires a process-driven mindset and a high level of attention to detail. You’ll be working in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment so your organisational and prioritisation skills, as well as an inquisitive and curious mindset, will be vital as you are constantly exposed to new challenges.
In return you get to work with a forward-thinking and collaborative team in an entrepreneurial environment where your ideas and suggestions on how to maximise value for our clients are always welcome.
This is also a great learning opportunity where you will be exposed to multiple departments across the organisation. Kobalt is a global music and technology company built for songwriters and publishers with the technology infrastructure to enable better tracking and royalty collection for the billions of micro-payments per song in digital music today.
WHAT DOES A ROYALTIES COORDINATOR AT KOBALT DO?
- You will be working through a range of scheduled and ad-hoc tasks such as weekly processing, allocation and processing of our client’s royalties.
- You will work closely with other members across the team as well as with other departments in Publishing Operations handling a wide range of statement and quality control checks.
- Ensure best practices is documented and maintained so colleagues have the information and direction they require to solve problems arising from distributions and support copyright teams with any direction they may seek regarding royalties or royalty processing
- Make sure that statements, data files and receipts are received accurately and on a timely basis, and handled accordingly in line with internal schedules, standards and deadlines.
You may be asked to take on extra responsibilities – please be aware that the above list is not exhaustive
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You are numerical, with a track-record of excellent organisation and prioritisation skills and strong attention to detail, accuracy, and a detail-driven mind-set
- You are comfortable formatting data in Excel as you will be working on a pivot tables as well as using formulas like VLOOKUP's on a daily basis
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have a good understanding of music publishing, with previous admin, copyright or royalty processing experience as a nice-to-have
- You have the ability to initiate improvement to existing tools and processes to continually enhance our service offering
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritised creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists. We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of offer.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.