Senior Director, Creative
Kobalt Music Group Limited
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Creative Director with expertise in the Mexican music industry to join our dynamic team. This is a full-time position, and the successful candidate will be based in Los Angeles, reporting into the President, Kobalt Music Latin America.
The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of Mexican Music, especially on the commercial side, along with current and up and coming songwriters and producers. The most important thing is that they will have a passion and commitment to servicing our music creators.
WHAT DOES A SENIOR DIRECTOR OF CREATIVE DO AT KOBALT?
- Identify available/unpublished talent as well as provide detailed background and research of all prospective new talent.
- Manage the administrative and deal making process for prospective clients and work closely with the Creative, Business Affairs and Investments teams to formulate deal proposals.
- Research background for re-signings, renewals and inquiries on all existing deals.
- Set up sessions and collaborations for clients + pitch their songs and beats.
- Nurture and maintain relationships with current Kobalt clients.
- Communicate with the global creative team on various projects and collaboration opportunities.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 7 - 10 years of experience in a creative role in the Mexican music industry, with a proven track record of success.
- A passion for Mexican music and a deep understanding of the industry landscape, trends, and key players.
- A track-record of working successfully in a similar role in the music industry with an extensive network and a great reputation.
- Strong work ethic with a “whatever it takes” mentality.
- An ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team.
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly convey creative concepts and ideas to team members, clients, and partners.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?