Assistant Manager, Writer & Publisher Relations
Kobalt Music Group Limited
We are seeking an Assistant Manager to join our Writer & Publisher Relations team in Los Angeles. You will have the opportunity to act as the liaison between Kobalt’s clients and our organization, and as ambassador of our industry-leading administrative services.
You will foster relationships with new and existing clients on Kobalt’s roster, driving our continued success as the premier destination for songwriters and publishers. This role will suit a customer-service focused team player with strong communications skills who is comfortable communicating with senior colleagues and external clients alike.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, WRITER & PUBLISHER RELATIONS AT KOBALT DO?
- You act as the primary point-of-contact for administrative inquiries from Kobalt clients fostering and maintaining relationships with members of Kobalt’s songwriter and publisher roster.
- As the central resource for client account and catalog knowledge you provide solutions to internal queries and work cross-functionally with departments such as Business Affairs, Copyright, Creative, Synch, Royalties, and Finance.
- You oversee client agreement onboarding and catalog ingestion as well as maintain and optimize client account information, ensuring that Kobalt is well-positioned for efficient catalog registration, royalty collection, and ongoing administration for the duration of our clients’ publishing and administration agreements.
- You develop and maintain a thorough understanding of Kobalt’s services, and its internal systems and operations and provide insights on client account performance to internal stakeholders, senior management, and clients and their representatives.
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have relevant experience in a client-facing, account management role in the music industry as well as a thorough understanding of music publishing, music copyright, performing rights organizations (PROs), digital service providers (DSPs), and royalty flow in the music industry.
- You can demonstrate an interest in emerging industry trends, services, and technologies.
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to cultivate long-lasting relationships with clients and colleagues.
- You have a track-record of organizing your work effectively, and an ability to balance independent tasks and collaborative projects as well as change priorities on-the-fly while maintaining professionalism and poise.
- You are adaptable; a team-player comfortable working in a fast-paced and evolving environment.
- You must display a high level of trust and integrity as you are exposed to confidential information and material.
WHY CHOOSE US?
At Kobalt we’ve prioritized creators since we first started in 2000. Our music services and the technology we’ve built helps make the industry more fair and rewarding for artists.
We’re trusted by some of the world’s biggest names like Doja Cat, Kali Uchis, Phoebe Bridgers, Nick Cave, Wolf Alice and Sam Fender and songwriters such as Simon Aldred (Rag N Bone Man, Liam Gallagher, Celeste) and Clarence Coffee Jr. (Dua Lipa, Lizzo, The Snuts).
We thrive on creativity and are committed to championing diversity. We’re dedicated to inclusiveness and provide all the resources and benefits you need to grow your career and reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, and an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
Work-Life Balance: Our hybrid work model ensures close relationships with your team, the perks of office life, and the flexibility to work from home.
Global Corporate Discounts: You get access to Perkbox gives you access to over 4,000 perks and discounts worldwide.
Leave Entitlement: On top of generous leave entitlement, our offices close between Christmas & New Years Days, plus we give 4 additional days a year for self-care. In the summer period, we also enjoy Friday afternoons off during July and August.
Good Vibes: We provide a subscription to Calm, access to the Perkbox Wellbeing Hub, and an employee assistance program to support your well-being.
Family friendly benefits: Enhanced health insurance, pension and parental leave entitlement.
Learning Opportunities: We offer a range of tools and support to help you stay on track with your development goals, so you can grow and succeed in your career.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. A full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?