Senior Staff Software Engineer, Care Services Team
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
At Kyruus Health, our mission is to connect people to the right care, in pursuit of our vision: a better healthcare system- one that's transparent and accessible- where everyone gets the care they need. Our values are at the heart of everything we do:
We care deeply – We do the right thing even if it’s the harder thing.
We are fiercely driven – We harness our curiosity to pursue continuous improvement and create simple solutions to complex problems.
We lead with respect – We celebrate the individual traits that make each of us unique and seek out diverse voices to listen and learn.
We are accountable – We do what we promise for each other and our customers.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Senior Staff Software Engineer role.
Care: You care deeply about partnering with the rest of your team, working effectively and efficiently to build quality healthcare software solutions. You equally care about your personal development in understanding process and product, and enabling those around you to learn and innovate.
Driven: You are driven to ensure you are estimating effectively, completing tasks on time, and understanding the dependencies or blockers that could affect your work. You are driven to continuously improve and innovate the way in which you execute on work and how you serve stakeholders.
Respect: You will partner effectively and show respect towards your team and external project partners.
Accountable: You are aware of your role responsibilities as they pertain to your team and projects. You are focused on quality work, with an eye towards key deliverables and their due dates.
What you will do in a Senior Staff Software Engineer role at Kyruus Health:
- You’ll assume a technical leadership role on our Care Search Services team, with ownership of solutions, systems, and projects. You’ll architect, design, develop, review, test, and debug code to support our software products.
- You’ll contribute to the growth and development of other software engineers and team(s).
- You’ll develop and execute tactical and strategic plans from discovery through delivery.
- You’ll understand requirements and translate them into high-quality production deliverables to achieve progress on our product roadmap and planned customer commitments.
- Your typical day will include designing and writing code, and reviewing others’ designs and code. You understand design patterns and are passionate about making things better.
- You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile DevOps team activities. You are effective in paired programming and working on your own.
- You’ll help drive clarity in planning. You’ll contribute to task definition, prioritization, and assignment. You’ll drive your deliverables with a sense of urgency and ownership along with surfacing risks, mitigating them, and suggesting course corrections when appropriate.
- You’ll own multiple products with a DevOps and service-ownership mindset. You’ll deliver quality solutions with TDD, test automation, instrumentation, monitoring, secure/defensive coding, resiliency, and scalability.
- You’ll collaboratively and single-handedly select methods and procedures on new or special assignments and may supervise the activities of others.
- You’ll coordinate the work of your team and contributing teams.
- You’ll engage in cross-functional teams to set technical direction and ensure successful project and/or product delivery.
- You’re an expert choice maker, able to effectively drive conclusions and resolve issues that impact and influence across multiple teams and domains.
- You’re self-assured and comfortable taking on tasks with ambiguous requirements and unclear technical strategy. You’ll use your technical expertise and mental resilience to bring order to chaos.
- You’ll establish tactical and strategic technical direction within one or more functional areas and/or domains.
- You’ll work with Engineering and Product stakeholders to get customer feedback to inform our architecture and technical designs.
- You’ll report to the Manager, Engineering on the Care Search Services team within the Data Services Division.
- Kyruus Health will bring you through an onboarding process that is both structured and self-guided, designed to enable connection and productivity as you learn more about our company, functions and products. Additionally, we have a culture of feedback, inclusive of our performance review process that provides you with the coaching, resources and opportunities to help you learn and grow with us.
- Kyruunauts in the Senior Staff Software Engineer role can move in a more linear career path to a Principal Software Engineer position. From there, you could move into a Senior Principal level role or explore a management position within the Engineering vertical.
- Kyruus Health also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
How You Can Grow
What you will bring:
- You’ll use your 7+ years of software engineering experience to:
- Assess business value, trade-offs, and risks, feasibility and technical constraints, usability, and business viability during discovery, planning, and work prioritization.
- Develop and deliver robust, scalable backend Search solutions to complex business and technical design problems using Java, Python, and AWS services. Extensive experience using AWS Elasticsearch/OpenSearch desired.
- Lead other software engineers, sometimes on multiple projects.
- Contribute to fostering an inclusive environment where you and your peers are intrinsically motivated to succeed with autonomy, mastery, and purpose.
- Lead team members in one or more functional areas and/or domains, and influence across organizational levels, divisions, departments, and teams.
- Contribute to the development of other software engineers and your team. You’ll mentor engineers on areas of your technical expertise and share your knowledge on relevant topics with fellow Kyruunauts by presenting at Lunch & Learns, Technical Brown Bags, and demos.
- Set technical direction, influence the organization’s technical strategy, and make critical choices that positively impact the organization.
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions.
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies relevant to add to our stack.
- Understand the needs of our users and customers.
- Align the team toward shared goals.
- Operate as a technical point person or project lead and work with leaders from other functional areas and domains to coordinate and align on system architecture and solutions.
- Coordinate efforts among team members, stakeholders, and leadership.
- Set clear expectations, communicate status, and address conflicts or issues as they arise.
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to others.
- Effectively conduct communications with senior leadership and stakeholders across the organization.
- Establish extensive relationships throughout the organization.
- Build and maintain relationships with teams to foster a collaborative environment where everyone is valued and heard.
- Practice effective relationship management across teams and with upper management to align expectations and ensure project success.
You’ll use your significant professional experience and deep expertise in Search technologies to:
You’ll use your strong communication and engaged listening skills to:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus Health is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus Health has facilities.