Staff Software Engineer, (Ruby)
Posted on Tuesday, February 6, 2024
At Kyruus Health, our mission is to connect people to the right care, in pursuit of our vision: a better healthcare system- one that's transparent and accessible- where everyone gets the care they need. Our values are at the heart of everything we do:
We care deeply – We do the right thing even if it’s the harder thing.
We are fiercely driven – We harness our curiosity to pursue continuous improvement and create simple solutions to complex problems.
We lead with respect – We celebrate the individual traits that make each of us unique and seek out diverse voices to listen and learn.
We are accountable – We do what we promise for each other and our customers.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Staff Software Engineer role on the Application Development team.
Care: Help accomplish the goals of your Agile development team through your design and programming skills.
Driven: Commit quality code (lots!) reliably and on time to help the team achieve roadmap goals and customer commits.
Respect: Provide timely feedback on designs and pull requests; share technical insights, learnings, and best practices with fellow Kyruunauts.
Accountable: Ensure stories are on track to be delivered within the sprint to meet the needs of our customers and satisfy deliverables.
What you will do in a Staff Software Engineer in Application development role at Kyruus Healh:
- Application Development: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to architect, design, and develop scalable and reliable software. (Ruby and React Code).
- Codebase Maintenance: Maintain and optimize existing codebase, identifying areas for improvement, refactoring when necessary, and ensuring code scalability and maintainability.
- Performance Optimization: Continuously monitor and enhance application performance, identifying and addressing bottlenecks to ensure fast load times and smooth user experiences.
- Code Reviews and Best Practices: Participate in code reviews, providing constructive feedback to teammates, and adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Interact with Product, UI/UX, DevOps to gather product requirements and turn them into actionable improvements within our team or with partners. You will facilitate alignment and clarity across teams on goals, outcomes and timelines.
- Technical Leadership: Provide technical direction on high-impact projects. Mentor other engineers and influence the team to use the right coding practices including unit, service and functional testing.
- Kyruus Health will bring you through an onboarding process that is both structured and self-guided, designed to enable connection and productivity as you learn more about our company, functions and products. Additionally, we have a culture of feedback, inclusive of our performance review process that provides you with the coaching, resources and opportunities to help you learn and grow with us.
- Kyruunauts in the Staff Software Engineer role can move in a more linear career path to a Senior Staff Software Engineer position. From there, you could move into a Principal level role or explore a management position within the Engineering vertical.
- Kyruus Health also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.
How You Can Grow
What you will bring:
- 7+ years of experience in software development, testing and launching software products.
- 3+ years of experience in Ruby on Rails.
- 4+ years of experience working with relational (SQL) databases (required).
- Experience working with Continuous Integration environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus Health is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus Health has facilities.