Data Science Team Lead
Where you'll work: anywhere in the US (remote)
Customer Care and Success at GoTo
At GoTo, we're passionate about making IT easy for everyone. We deliver solutions that enable secure connections, collaboration, and flexibility, empowering people to live their best lives at work and beyond. Our basic mantra is to simplify to automate and automate to simplify, and we work together to achieve this goal every day. As a member of our customer care team, you'll play a crucial role in helping us achieve our mission by delivering exceptional service and support to our customers.
Our Data Science Team is looking for a Data Science Team Lead. The ideal candidate will have experience managing data science teams and performing complex data analytics applying data science methods and conveying the outcomes to a business audience. In this role, you will use your experience with data and statistics to drive customer retention and expansion through various data science techniques such as churn prediction, customer segmentation, and feature recommendation. You will be directing a data science team including data scientists, data engineers and data analysts to support the group objectives. Excellent communication skills are also required, as this is a highly visible and influential role that will collaborate with cross-functional teams and present information to business leaders. This position reports to the Director of Care and Customer Success, Data Analytics and Data Science.
Your Day to Day
As a Data Science Team Lead you would be working on:
- Leads Data Science sprint planning and project management, coordinating efforts and prioritizing appropriately with stakeholders.
- Builds predictive models and leverages statistical algorithms to apply machine learning techniques to our internal data to address business issues and drive improved outcomes of KPIs, such as retention and expansion of revenue.
- Work with data engineering resources to re-train and re-deploy new models when appropriate. Responsible for the communication and coordination of activities between data science team and our internal stakeholders.
- Maintains and improves upon existing machine learning models.
- Presents technical findings in a summarized form to non-technical audiences; translates complex quantitative data into succinct actionable insights.
- Designs, implements and measures results for A/B and multivariate tests; drives end to end test process from launch, to readout, to recommendation, to retest.
What We’re Looking For
As a Data Science Team Lead, your background will look like:
- Master’s degree (PhD preferred) in a quantitative field - Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Physics etc.
- 8-10 years of experience in a Data Science role building machine learning models and providing data-driven insights.
- 1-2 years of experience in leading a Data Science Team.
- Experience in a programming/scripting language (e.g. Python (preferred), R, Java, C++ etc.).
- Experience with SQL required, experience with PySpark strongly preferred.
- Experience working in Big Data and Cloud systems (e.g. AWS, DataBricks, S3, EMR, Hive, Presto) strongly preferred.
At GoTo, diversity and inclusion are key to creating a thriving and dynamic work environment. Our team of GoGetters is driven to learn, explore, connect, and collaborate, valuing the unique perspectives that everyone brings to the table. We take pride in providing our employees with comprehensive benefits, wellness programs, recognition, and opportunities for learning and development worldwide. Our commitment to creating an inclusive space for everyone, regardless of gender, identity, or background, ensures that all team members can contribute to our success and thrive personally and professionally.
Annual Base Salary Range: $125,000- $164,000- $206,500
The above shows our ranges from minimum to maximum. Your compensation will be determined based on your location, experience, and the pay of employees in similar positions. You will also be eligible for a variable pay component and benefits.