Senior Director, Engineering
Where you’ll work: Anywhere within Hungary
Engineering at GoTo
At GoTo, we’re passionate about building powerful, flexible-work software that empowers individuals to thrive professionally and personally. We’re also dedicated to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone’s unique perspective is valued. When you join a GoTo product team, you’ll play a vital role in this process, seeing your work used by millions of users worldwide. With plenty of opportunities for growth and learning, blaze your own trail with us.
As we continue to expand our global footprint, you would play a pivotal role in serving and scaling a global high-performing Engineering organization that is responsible for multiple products within our ITSG (IT Solutions Group) portfolio that provides remote IT support and RMM solutions. This position requires a comprehensive global approach, as the team operates across diverse locations.
Your Day to Day
As a Senior Director of Engineering for ITSG, you would work on:
- Leading a global ITSG Software Engineering Team, working in close collaboration with cross-functional stakeholders like the Product Management and User Experience Design Teams to ensure coordination of all product development.
- Helping define the strategic direction of the product development, ensuring the long-term priorities are met across the organization, and overseeing the execution and delivery of software development strategies in the short-term.
- Scaling and growing a high-performing global Engineering team fostering a culture of innovation, excellence, and continuous improvement. Building an adaptable and high-performing organization that can make smart chices on what to deliver fast in the short-term and what to focus on in the long-term.
- Optimizing resources, including budget, people, and technology, to ensure best use and alignment with the organization’s goals. This includes prioritizing resource allocation in line with strategic goals, managing the use of resources and making data-driven decisions to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Setting clear and measurable objectives for your function and communicating them to the team, in line with the overall strategic direction of the organization. Establishing key metrics for measuring team and organizational productivity, identifying specific team and product development related challenges, and prioritizing improvements in the short and long terms.
- Being a technical thought leader and effectively conveying technical strategy to people across all levels of the organization, from Individual Contributors to the Product and Technology Leadership Team.
What We're Looking For
As a Senior Director of Software Engineering, your background will look like:
- Global Perspective: Demonstrated experience in guiding global teams with a keen understanding of diverse cultural and operational nuances.
- Strategic Thinker: Proven ability to develop and execute strategic plans that align with overall business targets.
- Product Development Expertise: Proven background in leading the development of multiple growth and mature-stage products simultaneously.
- Effective Communication: Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Executive Presence: Ability to project an influential presence in professional and business settings including the ability to articulate ideas clearly, listen actively, and adapt communication style to different audiences.
- Tradeoff Analysis: Ability to understand and evaluate tradeoffs associated with potential shifts in priorities.
- Stakeholder Alignment: Proven expertise in working with stakeholders to manage changes and achieve alignment across the product portfolio.
- Team Leadership: Track record of successfully building and nurturing high-performance winning Engineering Teams at a business-focused, customer-obsessed, and high pace environment.
- Adaptability: Ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
What we offer:
- Full remote work option within Hungary and on-demand seat in our Astoria office
- Time-off benefits such as volunteering days, parental, and pet leave
- Private health insurance, life insurance and eye care
- Adoption, Tuition and Reading Reimbursement, English Course
- Employee Resource Groups and GoTo Gives CSR program – a fun, and inclusive community
- ... and many more
At GoTo, diversity and inclusion are key to creating a thriving and dynamic work environment. Our team of GoGetters is enthusiastic to innovate, learn, explore, connect, and collaborate, valuing the unique perspectives that everyone brings to the table. We take pride in providing our employees with comprehensive benefits, wellness programs, recognition, and opportunities for learning and development worldwide. Our commitment to creating an inclusive space for everyone, regardless of gender, identity, or background, ensures that all team members can contribute to our success and thrive personally and professionally.