DevOps Engineer - Windows Infrastructure
Where you’ll work: Anywhere in Germany or Hungary
DevOps and Infrastructure Service at GoTo: A career with GoTo's DOIS team is anything but ordinary. As part of the Digital Workplace Team, you'll be critical in delivering innovative solutions that simplify work, enhance productivity, and create delightful experiences for our globally distributed workforce. Your work will impact the tools and technologies that our coworkers rely on to collaborate, deliver products, and serve customers worldwide. Join us and be part of shaping the future of work.
Your Day to Day
As a DevOps Engineer you would be working on
- our internal DevOps & Infrastructure organization and will be part of a platform team which is focused on delivering IaaS for our internal customers. Managing all aspects of a platform product, including deployments, monitoring, troubleshooting and maintenance. Collaborating with other teams within Goto will be critical to the success of this role.
- Ensure delivery of our internal GoTo platform for internal product engineering teams. This includes foresight and seniority in terms of technical & architectural decisions.
- Ensure all security, compliance, and auditing policy obligations are met.
- Participate in operations planning, the development of platform improvements, contingency plans including business continuity, and training of internal engineers.
- Willingness to participate in on-call schedule (with additional compensation)
What We’re Looking For
As a DevOps Engineer, your background will look like
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / related studies or at least 5 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Knowledge of private and/or public cloud systems - in particular OCI & Azure
- Advanced knowledge of Hyper-V and other virtualization technology, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Domain Name Services
- Experience with GIT & git flow concepts, CI/CD pipelines such as Jenkins knowledge and exposure to network protocols and tools - UDP, TCP/IP, load balancing & DNS
- Programming/scripting language skills (PowerShell, C#, Python, Bash, etc.)
- Passion and advocacy for DevOps culture
- Proactive and excellent communication skills, willing to integrate in a multinational cross-functional team.
- Fluency in English
Technologies you can learn with us (being interested or previous knowledge is a plus)
- Helm (Kubernetes)
- Prometheus, Grafana, Thanos
- German language skills
- Experience of Unix/Linux systems administration and troubleshooting
What we offer:
- Employee Resource Groups and GoTo Gives CSR program – a fun, and inclusive community
- Time-off benefits such as volunteering days, parental, and pet leave
- ... and many more
- Full remote work option within Germany and on-demand seat in our Dresden office
- Participation in our Bonus Program and Pension Scheme
- Full remote work option within Hungary and on-demand seat in our Astoria office
- Private health insurance, life insurance and eye care
- Adoption, Tuition and Reading Reimbursement, English Course
At GoTo, diversity and inclusion are key to creating a thriving and dynamic work environment. Our team of GoGetters is driven to learn, explore, connect, and collaborate, valuing the unique perspectives that everyone brings to the table. We take pride in providing our employees with comprehensive benefits, wellness programs, recognition, and opportunities for learning and development worldwide. Our commitment to creating an inclusive space for everyone, regardless of gender, identity, or background, ensures that all team members can contribute to our success and thrive personally and professionally. Learn more.