Director, Delivery Best Practices
We Are Charging Up 5G and Driving Meaningful Transformation
To empower our customers, MATRIXX is creating new ways to unlock value by delivering the industry's best monetization solution. Powered by our cloud native Digital Commerce Platform, service providers can take advantage of new commercial, customer and operational opportunities, transforming their businesses along the way. Empowered by our team’s unyielding commitment and relentless drive, we are building a global army of raving fans helping us transform the industry. With a culture that values people as the essential foundation of our success, we are committed to working together to charge up 5G.
Purpose of the role
To identify, implement and monitor best practices across D&S and provide the tools and knowledge required to implement and sustain best practices.
To manage D&S demand for and implementation of Software Solutions, whether implemented by MATRIXX Engineering and or third parties.
To identify, document and disseminate codified and tacit knowledge relating to D&S processes and practices.
- To identify, implement and monitor improvements to D&S ways of working. The scope includes, but is not limited to:
- Identification and implementation of best practices, with a particular focus on deployment and operational topics, such as requirements definition, performance tuning, CI/CD processes, migration and price configuration.
- MATRIXX platform pre-deployment processes, such as the D&S component of responses to RFPs, and creation of SOWs and CR’s.
- MATRIXX deployment processes.
- MATRIXX operational processes, in particular those required to deliver ESS.
- D&S Internal processes, such as management, financial and project reporting and resource recruitment processes.
- Interactions with other MATRIXX teams, including Sales, Engineering, Finance, Human Resources and Talent Acquisition.
- To identify both existing codified (documented) and tacit (known, but undocumented) information and knowledge relevant to the scope identified above.
- To prioritize which topics and information to be codified/documented.
- To select the most appropriate methods of documenting and disseminating information.
- To monitor compliance with processes and best practices.
- To manage D&S demand for software extensions to core MATRIXX platform capabilities.
- To ensure that software extension requirements are analysed and documented to a high standard and agreed by customers.
- To track usage of MATRIXX Engineering and any third party providers of software extensions and optimize demand and resource usage.
Required skills and experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Analysis of existing working practices to identify practical opportunities for improvement.
- Business process analysis, definition and documentation.
- Operational oversight and compliance management.
- Understanding of service definition and deployment processes, particularly in cloud environments.
- Understanding of software development processes.
- Line management.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Extensive experience of process improvement within a technical services environment.
- Extensive experience of service delivery within/to the mobile/communications sector.
- 5 years or more in either a mobile network/services provider or a technology supplier to mobile network/services providers.
- Service definition and deployment in a mobile network/services provider or a technology supplier to mobile network/services providers.
- Competence in use of Jira and Confluence to track activities, produce reports and document information.
- Technical writing.
- Analytical - The ability to think about all of the factors that might affect a situation.
- Forward thinker - Willing to question the status quo. Unafraid to challenge. convention, looking for innovative solutions and outcomes that move the needle.
- Boldness - Creates alternative ways to proceed; quickly able to spot the relevant patterns and issues of any given scenario.
- Catalyst - Makes things happen by turning thoughts into action.
- Self-Confident - Confidence in their ability to take risks and manage their own lives, having an inner compass that gives them certainty in their decisions.
- Adaptability - Embraces the pivot, problem-solver, doing what needs to be done.
- Achiever -Taking satisfaction from being busy and productive, possessing a great deal of stamina and working hard.
- Collaborator - Works hard with others to achieve a goal.
- Focused - Takes a direction, follows through and makes the corrections necessary to stay on track, prioritizing before acting.
- Integrity - Committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty, taking psychological ownership of what they say they will do.
- Process-oriented - Equality and treatment of all people the same with stable routines and clear rules and procedures that everyone can follow.
- Results driven - Independent desire to make a big impact, prioritizing projects based on how much influence they will have on their organization or people around them.
- Values Driven - Having unchanging core values that defines one's purpose.
- Focused on quality
What you will experience:
- Helping us deliver on our north star
- Making an impact, innovating, and disrupting an industry
- Working on complex and challenging problems
- Collaborating and learning from exceptional peers and leaders around the world
- Contributing to making our customers into raving fans
- Being part of a culture that thrives on open communication, transparency, and succeeding together
- Being valued and rewarded