Senior Support Engineer
We Are Charging Up 5G and Driving Meaningful Transformation
To empower our customers, MATRIXX is creating new ways to unlock value by delivering the industry's best monetization solution. Powered by our cloud native Digital Monetization Platform, service providers can take advantage of new commercial, customer and operational opportunities, transforming their businesses along the way. Empowered by our team’s unyielding commitment and relentless drive, we are building a global army of raving fans helping us transform the industry. With a culture that values people as the essential foundation of our success, we are committed to working together to charge up 5G.
Purpose of the role
To support all aspects of MATRIXX Software Applications with Tier 1 Telco customers globally and work collaboratively with MATRIXX’s engineering and professional services teams with the goal of becoming a MATRIXX software certified product expert. To take ownership of complex customer and partner reported issues, and to assist with project delivery in the deployment and operational handover phases.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders throughout the customer and partner lifecycle.
- Provide remote support under stringent SLA to MATRIXX customers and partners in all aspects of the MATRIXX platform.
- Assist in deployment and operational support activities.
- Participate in out of hours on-call rota.
- Support customer relationship with the goal of establishing and maintaining a highly professional and ‘trusted advisor’ position.
- Identify, communicate and drive improvement initiatives for the processes and tools.
- Monitor mobile technology and industry developments to ensure your knowledge remains current.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior colleagues.
Required skills and experience.
- Proven experience working in a Support or Services role, preferably in the Telco environment.
- Proven experience working with real-time network technology (Intelligent Networks, Online/Converged Charging Systems, Mediation, Policy Control)
- Evidence of technical expertise and significant experience in the following Telco skills:
- Applications and Systems (IN, OCS/CCS, Billing, PCRF)
- Networking protocols (SS7, MAP, INAP, CAP, DIAMETER, 5G)
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent technical / science-based qualification
- Good communication skills covering both technical and non-technical aspects.
- International working experience
- Additional skills in one or more of the following:
- IT and Web Service Protocols (HTTP/ReST)
- Scripting languages (Python, Perl, BASH)
- OS and Programming (Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Java, C++)
- Monitoring Applications and Visualization (Prometheus/Grafana/PRTG)
- Monitoring protocols (SNMP, JMX)
- IP networking (routing/switching, load balancing, resilience concepts)
- Cloud/Virtualisation (VMware, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes/Docker, Openshift, KVM)
- Apache Kafka and Apache ActiveMQ
- Resolver – Identifies the problem and providing resolution.
- Focused – Takes direction, follows through and makes the corrections necessary to stay on track, prioritizing before reacting.
- Collaborator – Works hard with others to achieve the team goals and objectives.
- Mentor- Recognizing and cultivating the potential in others, identifying incremental improvements and derive satisfaction from evidence of progress.
- Influencer – Connecting with someone new and winning them over.
- Achiever -Taking satisfaction from being busy and productive, possessing a great deal of stamina and working hard.
- Adaptability - Embraces the pivot, problem-solver, doing what needs to be done.
- Boldness - Creates alternative ways to proceed; quickly able to spot the relevant patterns and issues of any given scenario.
- Forward Thinker - Willing to question the status quo. Unafraid to challenge convention, looking for innovative solutions and outcomes that move the needle.
- Integrity - Committed to stable values such as honesty and loyalty, taking psychological ownership of what they say they will do.
- Process-oriented - Equality and treatment of all people the same with stable routines and clear rules and procedures that everyone can follow.
- Results driven - Independent desire to make a big impact, prioritizing projects based on how much influence they will have on their organization or people around them.
- Values Driven - Having unchanging core values that defines one's purpose.
- Excellent communication skills covering both technical and non-technical aspects, as well as written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- A passion for meeting technical challenges with the ability to make timely, sound decisions.
- Self-motivation and the ability to thrive in a high-pressured, fast-moving environment.
What you will experience:
- Helping us deliver on our north star
- Making an impact, innovating, and disrupting an industry
- Working on complex and challenging problems
- Collaborating and learning from exceptional peers and leaders around the world
- Contributing to making our customers into raving fans
- Being part of a culture that thrives on open communication, transparency, and succeeding together
- Being valued and rewarded