Senior Solutions Executive, Real World Evidence, Research and Analytics Solutions (Life Sciences Sales Role)
Join a team dedicated to supporting the crucial mission of improving health outcomes.
At Merative, you can apply your skills – and grow new ones – with colleagues who have deep expertise in health and technology. Merative provides data, analytics and software for the health industry. Our clients include providers, health plans, employers, life sciences companies and governments around the world. With industry-leading products and focused innovation, we help customers improve decision-making and performance so that together, we drive real progress in health. Learn more at merative.comThe Sr. Solutions Executive is an experienced, motivated consultative business development executive responsible for driving business growth for real world evidence and research and analytics solutions (HEOR, market access consulting services) to key healthcare and life sciences accounts. You will be responsible for developing new relationships and driving annual spend growth with a segment of the top tier customers and function as a leader in driving increased adoption of RWE and Merative’s Research and Analytics capabilities into this market space.
The Sr. Solutions Executive is an experienced, motivated consultative business development executive responsible for driving business growth for real world evidence and research and analytics solutions (HEOR, market access consulting services) to key healthcare and life sciences accounts. You will be responsible for developing new relationships and driving annual spend growth with a segment of the top tier customers and function as a leader in driving increased adoption of RWE and Merative’s Research and Analytics capabilities into this market space.
Merative works across top-tier healthcare and life sciences customers to support
product launch strategy, product valuation, market access and clinical development. You will be responsible for driving growth of our industry-leading portfolio of real-world evidence (enriched and linked closed and open claims and clinical datasets), research and analytics (business consulting, data analytics and regulatory-grade research including External Control Arms), and software tools (software as a service for data analysis, cohort building and execution of HEOR study work) within the top segments of healthcare and life sciences customers.
The Solution Executive will work with sales leadership and delivery to execute on sales strategy, provide voice of the customer feedback to portfolio owners and will be responsible for achieving account/territory revenue/signings targets.
Essential Job Duties:
- Build relationships within target executives and key stakeholders at assigned accounts to identify needs, map to Merative solutions, services and products offerings and close sales.
- Build and execute strategies to drive sales in assigned sales region/accounts and effectively and strategically qualify and win opportunities.
- Deliver sales to meet or exceed annual quota within assigned territory.
- Work closely with an assigned team of researchers and programmers to ensure proper scoping and delivery of consultative research and analytics studies for the market segment.
- Effectively build relationships, collaborate and partner with a cross-functional Watson Health team to strategize and meet with prospective clients to understand business challenges and to deliver compelling presentations, solution demonstrations, proposals and orals that result in new business revenue.
- Develop and execute strategic and tactical sales plans (in conjunction with sales leadership, capture, client services, and sales support groups) to identify and shape new opportunities.
- Effectively engage in complex negotiations with prospective clients, and with teaming partners around business commitments and the details of each proposal.
- Maintain regular contact with senior and executive-level decision makers – utilizing both on-site sales visits and remote communication for assigned prospects.
- Attract clients through existing, established relationships to work with Merative. Attract and recruit experienced hires who can work with you to build out a sales practice around a set of customers or key capabilities.
Basic Qualifications (minimum requirements needed to perform this job)
- 10+ years executive experience leading business development and consulting efforts in the life sciences and healthcare fields, providing data-based consulting and research services in the HEOR, market access and commercial analytics space.
- Reimbursement Benchmarking experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience selling to senior level and executive-level decision makers to influence them to position company solutions as the preferred solutions. Capability to attract clients through existing relationships and hire and attract staff experienced in business development for RWE and HEOR/market access services.
- Experience developing calls plans and relationship maps to understand an organization's power structure, individuals' roles, influence, and relationship to Watson Health and ability to use the plans as a strategic and tactical tool to build pipeline and close deals.
- Ability to partner, collaborate and influence others in a highly matrixed organization on a cross-functional team to achieve goals.
- Willingness to travel (average 25% - more at times).
· Team leadership and first-line management experience.
· Strong knowledge of regulatory-grade health economics and outcomes research study design and contributing data assets.
· Existing portfolio of customers and relationships in the HEOR and regulatory-grade data space.
Education and Certification Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in business or the biological sciences, Masters degree preferred. Higher degree in health economics, epidemiology or public health a plus.
· Office/Work Environment Specifics:
· Travel requirements (if applicable):
It is the policy of Merative to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Merative will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Merative participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees