Senior Software Developer (Platform)
Join a team dedicated to supporting the crucial mission of improving health outcomes.
At Merative, you can apply your skills – and grow new ones – with colleagues who have deep expertise in health and technology. Merative provides data, analytics and software for the health industry. Our clients include providers, health plans, employers, life sciences companies and governments around the world. With industry-leading products and focused innovation, we help customers improve decision-making and performance so that together, we drive real progress in health. Learn more at merative.comWorking under minimal supervision, this person will perform software development activities related to existing and new product development. The person will be directed by the team leader, architect, and/or manager and will liaison with customer technical staff and Merge technical/clinical staff to perform the following high-level tasks: 1) Understand new requirements and existing design constraints within the product; and 2) Understand or troubleshoot existing problems within the product. The person is expected to develop and document requirement specifications and designs for modules, code and implement those designs, and perform verification and validation of those implementations according to the Merge Standard Operating Procedures. The person is also expected to mentor and provide technical guidance to other team members using their knowledge and experience.
Essential Job Duties
- Perform product development in accordance with Merge’s methodology and practices;
- Perform software module requirement analysis, design, and test design as assigned;
- Prepare software module specifications, designs, test descriptions and estimates as assigned;
- Implement software modules and unit tests as assigned and conduct appropriate module testing;
- Conduct appropriate verification and validation activities as assigned;
- Detect, report, investigate, and fix product defects as appropriate;
- Assist with escalated customer support investigations;
- Participate in the review of product engineering artifacts (e.g., specifications, designs, test descriptions, implementations, tests, records, reports, etc);
- Assist in the preparation and review of product, engineering, and management plans and reports (e.g., program and project plans) as required;
- Prepare technical reports as required;
- Under minimal direction, prepare updates to system specifications, designs, test descriptions, hazard analysis, verification and validation test procedures, and related documentation supporting software development to known standards;
- Where applicable, mentor less senior team members and peer review product artifacts including requirement specifications, design specifications, code, etc.;
- Engage actively in design and code reviews of work items completed by the team in conjunction with the Team Lead and/or architect;
- Where applicable, interface with customer(s) and Merge staff to gather product requirements, present technical aspects of the product, and understand problems with the product;
- Work effectively in collaboration with other members of the department, or with managers and staff across the organization with whom tasks must be completed;
- Participate in Merge's performance review process, including actively setting product and personal development goals and performing self-assessments;
- Pursue a program of self-development through the use of selected reading, seminars, and participation in continuing education;
- Identify and communicate possible improvements in the work process for customers and peers;
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
Required Knowledge & Experience
Languages: Bash/POSIX shell including regular expressions and other scripting languages [e.g. Perl/Python], GO;
Experience with Software Packaging with RPM (Redhat Package Manager);
Experience in following areas is highly recommended -
- OS/Technologies: Linux SuSE/RedHat Operating systems Heartbeat and Pacemaker Clustering Technology;
- Virtualization platforms: VMware vSphere, Hyper-V, KVM(Kernel-based Virtual Machine, Docker and Kubernetes;
- Storage Technologies: RAID(Redundant Array of Independent Disks), NAS(Network Attached Storage), NFS(Network File System) and SAN(Storage area network) [e.g. NetApp, EMC];
- Database: Oracle database and SQL(Structured Query Language);
- Development Environments: Git, Jenkins, make and gradle;
- Experience in Web application development/deployment Platforms [Apache, Tomcat, etc.];
- Experience in DICOM(Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine), HL7(Health Level 7) and IHE(Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise);
- An undergraduate degree or better in computer science or equivalent discipline or equivalent level of industry related experience;
- 7+ years of related experience in software development.
It is the policy of Merative to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Merative will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Merative participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees