Linux System Engineer
Join a team dedicated to supporting the crucial mission of improving health outcomes.
At Merative, you can apply your skills – and grow new ones – with colleagues who have deep expertise in health and technology. Merative provides data, analytics and software for the health industry. Our clients include providers, health plans, employers, life sciences companies and governments around the world. With industry-leading products and focused innovation, we help customers improve decision-making and performance so that together, we drive real progress in health. Learn more at merative.comSystem Administrators are the gatekeepers to the many systems that run our company and our clients. As a System Admin with Merative, you will have the opportunity to provide high-value IT services and leverage our leading-edge technology portfolio in our global network. Your work has a direct impact on the day-to-day productivity of our business by ensuring integrity of and access to our most important resource: data.
Essential Job Duties:
- Installing and supporting server operating system, system management software and operating system utilities
- Modifying operating system configuration and maintaining server services
- Applying operating system patches
- Handling incidents, events, problems and requests, handle vendor cases in Lenovo, HP, VMware, etc.
- Support hardware related issues
- Support projects and automation activities
- Updating content for vulnerabilities as needed
Basic Qualifications (minimum requirements needed to perform this job):
- Linux skills (RHEL focus) knowledge (including remote OS installation, updates/upgrades, configuration, patching, utilities, shell scripting, LVM & RAID configuration, networking, multipathing, monitoring, system logs, user management, diagnosing software & hardware issues)
- General IT skills (TCP/IP networks, bash, X86 or hardware platform/virtualization, ESXi)
- 6-8 years of work experience in similar position
- Readiness to develop new skills and qualifications
- Good communication and team-working skills
- Python, BASH scripting
- GIT, Ansible
- Cloud solutions
- Skills in high availability cluster solutions, SAN (components & OS side configuration), virtualization solutions, knowledge of largescale UNIX systems management would be an advantage
- Skills in basic database/middleware/application administration/OS side dependencies
- Experience in Red Hat Satellite for supporting OS patching
It is the policy of Mertative to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, HIV status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Merative will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.