Join a team dedicated to supporting the crucial mission of improving health outcomes.
At Merative, you can apply your skills – and grow new ones – with colleagues who have deep expertise in health and technology. Merative provides data, analytics and software for the health industry. Our clients include providers, health plans, employers, life sciences companies and governments around the world. With industry-leading products and focused innovation, we help customers improve decision-making and performance so that together, we drive real progress in health. Learn more at merative.comWorking under minimal supervision, the person will perform iteration management activities related to existing and new product development.
The person will be directed by the team leader, architect, and/or manager to perform the following high-level tasks:
Plan, track, and lead product development and deliver the expected outcome in a timely manner
Contribute to architecting sound solutions that help Merative customers achieve their goals and objectives
Provide help and support to the support, implementation, sales and marketing teams
Essential Job Duties
- Planning, estimating, tracking and reporting status on projects under his/her control.
- Allocating available staff resources to ensure completion within the negotiated timeframe.
- May directly participate in the coding of software solutions in accordance with Merative’s methodology and practices.
- Assist in the preparation and review of product, engineering, and management plans and reports (e.g., program and project plans) as required.
- Participate in the review of product engineering artifacts (e.g., specifications, designs, test descriptions, implementations, tests, records, reports, etc).
- Keeps leadership abreast of any variances from the target completion date of tasks
- Managing external dependencies and 3rd party deliverables.
- Ensuring that the products’ architecture and design is aligned to markets and end-users needs and trends.
- Monitoring customer complaints and assisting with escalated customer support investigations.
- Identifies and communicates possible improvements in the work process for customers and peers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or upper management.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge, skills, training, and experience in software requirements and design engineering skills using a well-defined disciplined engineering process or methodology.
- Must possess knowledge, skills, training, and experience in Linux software engineering environments using Java, Perl, Bash, Python and/or PL/SQL.
- Must possess skill and experience with software configuration, build management and issue tracking tools such as Github, Jenkins and JIRA.
- Excellent skills in communications, negotiation, leadership, analysis, and setting priorities.
- Ability to work on different projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of test management tools such as QAC, Rational QC, Xray for JIRA.
- Skills and experience with SQL based database systems such MS SQL Server, Oracle and / or DB2.
- Possess some fundamental leadership skills including strategic thinking, team building, adaptability and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project to on-time completion.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Experience building collaboration across multiple sites in a distributed development environment is an asset.
- Must have strong knowledge of appropriate software applications and effectively use specialty software, including MS Office, MS Project, Visual Studio, and Eclipse.
- Experience of Agile Development / SCRUM is an advantage.
- Experience in Healthcare Information Systems, Electronic Medical Records, Practice Management, HL7, and DICOM is an advantage.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent level of industry related experience.
- 5+ years' experience in software development.
Minimal travel (less than 5%) may be required
It is the policy of Merative to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Merative will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Merative participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees