Join a team dedicated to supporting the crucial mission of improving health outcomes.
At Merative, you can apply your skills – and grow new ones – with colleagues who have deep expertise in health and technology. Merative provides data, analytics and software for the health industry. Our clients include providers, health plans, employers, life sciences companies and governments around the world. With industry-leading products and focused innovation, we help customers improve decision-making and performance so that together, we drive real progress in health. Learn more at merative.comWork independently and collaboratively as part of a team that delivers healthcare analytics and consulting services to large U.S. based employer and health plan clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Works closely with internal client account teams in the U.S. to run and analyze data using Merative’s proprietary database and other Microsoft Office tools to support and understand client’s healthcare information needs.
· Completes quality assignments on time and manages sub-tasks within budget.
· Conducts database testing, completes reoccurring client work as well as ad hoc reporting assistance.
· Conducts thorough self-review of all work
· Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, or Applied Mathematics), or equivalent education and experience.
· Demonstrates effective time management; manages multiple tasks simultaneously, while completing work within allocated time.
· Takes initiative as an individual and as part of a team and demonstrates problem solving ability.
· Applies intermediate PC skills; experienced in Microsoft Office applications Excel, Power Point and Word.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Has experience and knowledge of U.S. healthcare system
· Demonstrated capability to use a programming language to query big data, preferably COGNOS or SQL or Python
It is the policy of Merative to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, HIV status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Merative will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.