Life Sciences Consultant (R&D Process Improvement)
Join a team dedicated to supporting the crucial mission of improving health outcomes.
At Merative, you can apply your skills – and grow new ones – with colleagues who have deep expertise in health and technology. Merative provides data, analytics and software for the health industry. Our clients include providers, health plans, employers, life sciences companies and governments around the world. With industry-leading products and focused innovation, we help customers improve decision-making and performance so that together, we drive real progress in health. Learn more at merative.comThe Process Improvement and Data Management Consultant supports both the Consulting and Account Management teams by providing solutions to improve the operations of our pharmaceutical, medical device or CRO clients.
Essential Job Duties:
Process Improvement Consulting
- Perform quantitative and qualitative research analyses to aid the development of recommendations for clients.
- Engage with clients using a consultative approach, including managing client meetings and workshops.
- Support business development, including origination, proposal development and closing
- Lead or support delivery of client projects
- Participate in project solutioning using life sciences experience and specific-client needs
- Support internal initiatives to grow the services businesses
- Build and sustain relationships with stakeholders and decision makers in assigned accounts
- Establish regular contact with key stakeholders and become a trusted advisor to assigned accounts
- Support business development as a consultative subject matter expert, identifying client business objectives, explaining best practices, documenting and demonstrating product capabilities and use cases.
Basic Qualifications (minimum requirements needed to perform this job)
- Knowledge of life sciences processes, data analytics, and/or solution development
- Knowledge of technologies, tools and applications used in the clinical development process
- Experience in designing and executing strategic or operational projects with pharma and biotech companies covering clinical operations improvement, study support or related fields
- Interest in client service and client success; enjoy working with people, with natural and effective communication and relationship building skills.
- Problem-solving skills using a hypothesis-driven approach
- Analytical skills; methodical and detail-oriented planner and problem-solver; ability to identify root causes.
- Strong project-management with excellent prioritization and task management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong, influential written and verbal communication skills, with some technical writing experience.
- Strong collaboration and teaming skills
- 4+ years in the clinical trial industry and/or experience in a customer success and/or client services delivery role in the Life Sciences Industry
- Skilled in Tableau, Power BI or other advanced data analytics and visualization tool
- Exposure to lean six sigma or other process improvement methodologies
- Prior management consulting experience
It is the policy of Merative to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Merative will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Merative participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees