New Business Sales Executive
Join a team dedicated to supporting the crucial mission of improving health outcomes.
At Merative, you can apply your skills – and grow new ones – with colleagues who have deep expertise in health and technology. Merative provides data, analytics and software for the health industry. Our clients include providers, health plans, employers, life sciences companies and governments around the world. With industry-leading products and focused innovation, we help customers improve decision-making and performance so that together, we drive real progress in health. Learn more at merative.comThe New Business Development Executive (NBDE) is responsible for acquiring high growth new accounts (prospects) in Large and Mid segments within an assigned vertical market. The NBDE works with key decision makers to understand customer needs, position Merative solutions appropriately, and finalize the deal.
- Pursue and land qualified leads from MQLs or leads identified by Sales Development Representative; hunt for new opportunities from a list of named account targets and within assigned market (e.g., large self-insured employers, state sponsored plans, health insurers, or related channels, etc.)
- Leverage existing industry relationships to increase new logo sales
- Identify and qualify listed prospect accounts with high probability to close
- Develop relationships with decision-makers/influencers at prospects
- Add value to new account/opportunity pursuits with both business development acumen and industry vertical expertise
- Collaborate with Product Specialists and Solution Consultants to optimize value propositions for customers
- Partner with Account Executive for account transition post-close
- Cultivate and maintain a multi-quarter pipeline of early-stage leads
- Gather competitive intelligence in the marketplace for Merative
- Use Merative’s sales tools and methodology to effectively manage customer and opportunity data
- Proven ability to generate business opportunities from prospects
- Expereince selling and knowledgeable about data analytic solutions in health care and across industries
- Knoweldgable of market trends impact to customer buying decisions
- Experience and demonstrated abilty to navigate customer-decision making process
- Ability to stimulate customer demand
- Experience with and proven track record of navigating state and local government procurement processes
- New Logo Bookings
- Pipeline Value
- Average Deal Size
- Pipeline Velocity
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or a related field
- Proven experience in healthcare solution sales, with a track record of exceeding sales targets.
- Strong knowledge of the health insurance and self-insured market, including industry regulations and trends.
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce) and sales analytics tools.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to tailor solutions to meet client needs.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Healthcare certifications are ideal but not required
- Remote - Home office that allows you to work efficiently and without disruption
- 50%-75% travel may be required
It is the policy of Merative to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Merative will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Merative participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees