Head of Compensation
Join a team dedicated to supporting the crucial mission of improving health outcomes.
At Merative, you can apply your skills – and grow new ones – with colleagues who have deep expertise in health and technology. Merative provides data, analytics and software for the health industry. Our clients include providers, health plans, employers, life sciences companies and governments around the world. With industry-leading products and focused innovation, we help customers improve decision-making and performance so that together, we drive real progress in health. Learn more at merative.comThe Head of Compensation will lead compensation strategies and the development of compensation structures/programs for the entire organization. This individual is responsible for driving the development, implementation, and communication of the organization’s compensation, ensuring programs are competitive, sustainable, scalable and support the Company’s retention and recruiting objectives. Working closely with the Head of Total Rewards, CHRO and senior leadership, she/he will design and ensure the compensation programs are competitive and aligned with the short and long-term strategic goals of Merative.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Evaluate the effectiveness of existing compensation programs, and tools and make necessary modifications and enhancements. Analyze new programs to determine market competitiveness, ease of administration, and alignment with the business strategy.
· Participate in global salary surveys to gather market data.
· Develop global compensation strategies and direct the design, implementation, and communication of all base and variable plans, merit pay, bonus plans etc.
· Establish and measure key compensation program metrics to understand the effectiveness of the compensation strategy.
· Create materials to present and educate employees on compensation.
· Design, develop, and implement alternate compensation programs that will motivate and ensure Merative is competitive in the industry (e.g. discretionary bonuses etc.)
· Responsible for overall vendor selection and management for compensation programs.
· Design, test and run the annual compensation process. Create executive presentations to present to executive team for approvals.
· Manage and recommend improvements to compensation management systems.
· Develop strategies to drive awareness and understanding of all compensation programs.
· Advise/counsel HR team and management regarding compensation guidelines and policies.
· Collaborate and partner with internal stakeholders such as Talent Acquisition, HRBPs, Finance and other team members.
· Prepare or assist in the preparation of communications covering compensation topics; responsible for maintenance of compensation records and employee files; compile and submit periodic reports as required.
· Assure corporate compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
· This role has one direct report.
• Minimum seven years of progressive experience in compensation, preferably with a technology or professional services organization. Global experience required.
• Demonstrated success as a compensation professional supporting a dynamic, growing, and fast-paced organization.
• Experience developing and executing competitive and compelling compensation programs from the ground up in best-practices organizations.
• Experience in designing and leading merit pay and recognition programs.
• Attention to details; proven track record of organizational skills.
• Strong analytical and quantitative reasoning ability.
• Influential and successful in fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders.
• Workday compensation experience is required.
• Demonstrated experience building strong business relationships and serving as a trusted advisor at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent communication skills: Exceptional listening, written, verbal, and presentation skills. Proven experience building relationships, establishing trust and credibility quickly.
• Strong financial acumen, analytical skills: Ability to understand the short- and long-term financial impact of compensation programs.
• Intellectual horsepower: Strategic, intellectually astute and results driven. Proven ability to work in an intense, fast-paced and at times ambiguous environment.
• Current on compensation trends: Can strategically evaluate the compensation and benefits landscape and forecast adjustments based on market, economic, or competitive changes.
• High tolerance for change: Suited to thrive in a fast-paced, complex, emerging industry. A doer who possesses a high tolerance for ambiguity.
• Strong work ethic: Exhibits a results-oriented style, high energy level, a passion for her/his work, and a let’s get-it-done mentality. Can balance roll-up-your-sleeves-to-get-things done mentality with strategic discussions.
• Self-sufficient: Possesses good judgement and confidence to know when to seek advice, and when to independently move forward.
• Positive attitude and energy: Exhibits an upbeat attitude, a genuine interest in others, and a sense of humor; energizes others and heightens morale through her/his attitude.
Head of Compensation Merative Page 4
It is the policy of Merative to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Merative will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Merative participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees