Java/J2EE- Technical Consultant
Join a team dedicated to supporting the crucial mission of improving health outcomes.
At Merative, you can apply your skills – and grow new ones – with colleagues who have deep expertise in health and technology. Merative provides data, analytics and software for the health industry. Our clients include providers, health plans, employers, life sciences companies and governments around the world. With industry-leading products and focused innovation, we help customers improve decision-making and performance so that together, we drive real progress in health. Learn more at merative.comIn this role you will work with the world’s most influential enterprises to transform business operations with new technology. You will leverage in-depth knowledge, experience and insight to address clients’ business issues (which may include client, industry or technology related pressures) with solutions that improves the client's return on investment.
As a Senior Technical Consultant you will shape best practices with our global team and share expertise with your colleagues around the world. You will team with the client sales team, providing technical sales support on offerings in line
with client needs as well as prepare and deliver presentations to line of business executives and to customer IT departments.
To be successful in this role you need to be passionate about technology and have a proven track record in the delivery of end to end JEE enterprise architecture solutions.
Merative Job Description: Senior Technical Consultant
- Lead technical aspects of Medium to Large scale implementations.
- Work as part of a multi supplier team, with systems integration partners and/or customer staff to define components of an enterprise architecture based on the SPM product, and to ensure that Merative’s interests are represented in this architecture at all times.
- To assist in the definition of a development and deployment approach to be used to realize this architecture.
- Act as a technical reference for SPM related design, development, testing and deployment knowledge.
- Translate technical concepts between software engineering, delivery management and service management so they are understood by all.
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into technical designs.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with fellow employees, partners and customers, and to promote Merative’s technical credibility as a capable and trusted partner.
- To take a leadership and mentoring role when working with less experienced Merative staff.
- Act as a mentor and coach to other technical consultants.
- Design, develop, code and test SPM extensions in a JEE environment
- Learn and grow your skills related to SPM implementations including mobile application development, reporting and analytics, cloud, data migration, web services and application security.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise :
- Experience in a senior technical consultant role working either for an information technology consulting firm or directly with client stakeholders
- Experience in Java/JEE/XML development
- Experience in web service development, both REST and SOAP
- Experience in design patterns and design methods
- Experience in agile methodologies
- Experience in JEE scalability and performance, and application security
- Experience in the areas of written communication and presentation delivery
- Experience with relational databases (DB2 or Oracle) and SQL
- Experience with either Websphere or Weblogic application servers
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise :
- At least 2 years’ experience in SPM implementations including mobile application development, reporting and analytics.