Join a team dedicated to supporting the crucial mission of improving health outcomes.
At Merative, you can apply your skills – and grow new ones – with colleagues who have deep expertise in health and technology. Merative provides data, analytics and software for the health industry. Our clients include providers, health plans, employers, life sciences companies and governments around the world. With industry-leading products and focused innovation, we help customers improve decision-making and performance so that together, we drive real progress in health. Learn more at merative.comWorking under minimal supervision, this person will perform software development activities related to existing and new product development. The person will be directed by the team leader, architect, and/or manager and will liaison with customer technical staff and IBM technical/clinical staff to perform the following high-level tasks: 1) Understand new requirements and existing design constraints within the product; and 2) Understand or troubleshoot existing problems within the product.
Essential Job Duties:
· Perform product development in accordance with Merative’s methodology and practices;
· Perform software module requirement analysis, design, and test design as assigned;
· Prepare software module specifications, designs, test descriptions and estimates as assigned;
· Implement software modules and unit tests as assigned and conduct appropriate module testing;
· Conduct appropriate verification and validation activities as assigned;
· Detect, report, investigate, and fix product defects as appropriate;
· Assist with escalated customer support investigations;
· Participate in the review of product engineering artifacts (e.g., specifications, designs, test descriptions, implementations, tests, records, reports, etc);
· Work effectively in collaboration with other members of the department, or with managers and staff across the organization with whom tasks must be completed;
· Minimum experience of 6 to 8 years in UI Frontend Technologies.
· Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS, including responsive design principles.
· Experience with accessibility standards (WCAG) to ensure inclusive and user-friendly interfaces.
· Proficiency in working with RESTful Web Services and integrating front-end components with back-end APIs.
· Proven ability to write clean, efficient, and scalable code.
· Effective communication skills and the ability to collaborate within cross-functional teams and time-zones.
· Must be organized, detail-oriented and have the ability to understand and communicate functional and technical information.
· Must be able to work independently as well as in an interactive team environment.
· Working knowledge of software delivery life cycle (SDLC) documentation
· 4-year college degree required in a computer discipline
The work environment characteristics here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Office environment; temperature controlled
· Location: Merative office or remote
· 0-15% Travel
It is the policy of Merative to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, HIV status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Merative will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.