Software Engineer 2, Data
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the global catalyst for every “body” to achieve their healthy. We believe good health starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your fitness goals.
We are looking for a Data Engineer 2 to join the MyFitnessPal Data Engineering team. Our users rely on MyFitnessPal to power their health and fitness journeys every day. As a member of our MyFitnessPal Engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to positively impact those users with your expertise in the backend systems that drive the MyFitnessPal ecosystem. In addition to technical expertise, you’ll find that your teammates value collaboration, mentorship, and inclusive environments.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build and maintain pipelines that provide data critical to operational reporting and data-driven initiatives
- Integrate with services and systems across the MyFitnessPal engineering teams
- Evaluate and improve existing pipelines, data models, and processes to provide more robust solutions that allow others to move quickly and efficiently
- Support resolution of production issues across the Data Platform stack
- Engage in code-reviews, working with teammates to learn and grow
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 2-4 years of data engineering experience working with large datasets and complex data environments, processes, and associated solutions
- Experience with a variety of data stores (e.g. Snowflake, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Experience with data orchestration tooling (e.g. Airflow, Data Factory, etc.)
- Experience with development languages (e.g. Python, SQL, Scala, etc.)
- Understanding of data modeling for analysis by business intelligence or data science teams
- Experience with a variety of API design patterns, such as REST
- Experience developing validation and data integrity frameworks
- Triaging and debugging production data issues
- Experience building high volume data pipelines for downstream analysis supporting operational indicators
- Experience with data at scale
- Worked alongside client teams to support integration efforts
- Familiarity with AWS and/or other cloud computing platforms
- Travel Requirement: Approximately 10% travel will be required for this position
- Job Location: Austin, TX preferred but open to remote
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at MyFitnessPal ranges from $86,700 - $129,200. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, MyFitnessPal offers a wide range of comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, parental planning, mental health benefits, annual performance bonus, a 401(k) plan and match, responsible time off, monthly wellness and technology allowances, and others.
Exciting Full-Time Employee Benefits, Perks and Culture
Embrace the Freedom: Be a digital nomad, work from anywhere we have operations within the continental U.S.
Office Vibes: If you prefer working in an office, we've got you covered, our HQ is in vibrant Austin, TX.
Face-to-Face Connections: We value personal connections. Enjoy opportunities to meet and connect with your team members in person to help forge meaningful relationships that extend beyond the virtual realm. Teams meet as often as needed and all of MyFitnessPal gathers annually.
Flexibility At Its Best: Achieve the work-life balance you deserve. Enjoy a flexible time-off policy and work on your own terms with our Responsible Time Off benefit.
Give Back: Use your volunteer days off to support what matters most to you. Each full time teammate receives 2 days per calendar year to give back to their community through service.
Mentorship Program: Take control of your career through our mentorship program where, if you’d like, you will be matched with a teammate who can help you scale your skills and propel your growth.
Family-Friendly Support: Embrace the journey with confidence and care. Enjoy our paid maternity and paternity leave, to provide time to balance family responsibilities with your career and take the time needed to strengthen family relationships. We understand the complexities of starting or expanding a family, which is why we provide best-in-class comprehensive assistance for fertility-related matters.
Wellness Comes First: Live Good Health is one of our core values. Receive a monthly Wellness Allowance, empowering you to focus on your physical and mental well-being by choosing from a range of wellness initiatives, including dedicated mental health days.
Celebrate Greatness: Your hard work deserves recognition! Our reward and recognition platform empowers peers to acknowledge and reward each other for the exceptional contributions they make.
Elevate Your Health & Fitness: Get access to MyFitnessPal Premium, allowing you to take your fitness, health and wellness journey to new heights.
Unlock Your Potential: Access our virtual learning and development library, and participate in training opportunities to continuously grow and enhance your skills.
Championing Inclusion: Our dedicated DEI Committee actively fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress across the organization.
Healthcare Matters: Your well-being is our priority. Take advantage of our competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits that cater to your holistic healthcare needs. Feel secure and supported on your wellness journey.
Secure Your Future: Benefit from our retirement savings program, giving you peace of mind for your financial goals. Reach them sooner with MyFitnessPal’s competitive employer match.
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.