Principal Product Manager, Data
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the most trusted brand for improving your health through better food choices. We believe good health starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your weight management goals.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager who will shape the future of MyFitnessPal’s data strategy within the MyFitnessPal product. You will interact with the product, nutrition science, data science and engineering organizations, as well as our partners to effectively prioritize and launch initiatives that will significantly improve our user experience and bring value to our enterprise partners. You will have a blend of vision, business, product, and technical sense, with the ability to extract the uniqueness of MyFitnessPal. You will report directly to the Vice President of Data Science & Engineering.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure MyFitnessPal's data products and services improve our food data quality, consumer experiences, and enterprise API strategy at a global scale
- Develop our data strategy and roadmap balancing both consumer needs and partner needs and leveraging market and data analysis
- Apply industry best practices to deliver high-quality products with cross-organizational dependencies
- Coach and mentor PMs, Designers, and Engineers inspiring and elevating them to their highest potential
- Respond to RFPs and assist in partnership relationships
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of experience building digital platforms and products that power consumer digital experiences
- Experience with any of the following is highly preferred:
- Data coverage, quality, and structured data strategies
- Machine Learning
- Ability to connect our data and platform strategy to a user experience that creates delight
- Public / enterprise APIs
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams, including executives
- Can effectively lead teams and deliver complex initiatives with no executive intervention. Strong attention to detail. Meets commitments. Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills. Comfortable with and skilled at putting structure on ambiguity
- Help other teammates grow through mentorship and coaching
- This role is initially for a senior Individual Contributor but has management potential based on the candidate
- Passion for helping millions of people achieve their weight management goals through nutrition
- Experience leading search product teams and enhancing search to improve user delight is a plus
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a nutrition based weight management product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at MyFitnessPal ranges from $173,200 - $221,300. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, MyFitnessPal offers a wide range of comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, parental planning, mental health benefits, annual performance bonus, a 401(k) plan and match, responsible time off, monthly wellness and technology allowances, and others.
Exciting Full-Time Employee Benefits, Perks and Culture
Embrace the Freedom: Be a digital nomad, work from anywhere we have operations within the continental U.S.
Office Vibes: If you prefer working in an office, we've got you covered, our HQ is in vibrant Austin, TX.
Face-to-Face Connections: We value personal connections. Enjoy opportunities to meet and connect with your team members in person to help forge meaningful relationships that extend beyond the virtual realm. Teams meet as often as needed and all of MyFitnessPal gathers annually.
Flexibility At Its Best: Achieve the work-life balance you deserve. Enjoy a flexible time-off policy and work on your own terms with our Responsible Time Off benefit.
Give Back: Use your volunteer days off to support what matters most to you. Each full time teammate receives 2 days per calendar year to give back to their community through service.
Mentorship Program: Take control of your career through our mentorship program where, if you’d like, you will be matched with a teammate who can help you scale your skills and propel your growth.
Family-Friendly Support: Embrace the journey with confidence and care. Enjoy our paid maternity and paternity leave, to provide time to balance family responsibilities with your career and take the time needed to strengthen family relationships. We understand the complexities of starting or expanding a family, which is why we provide best-in-class comprehensive assistance for fertility-related matters.
Wellness Comes First: Live Good Health is one of our core values. Receive a monthly Wellness Allowance, empowering you to focus on your physical and mental well-being by choosing from a range of wellness initiatives, including dedicated mental health days.
Celebrate Greatness: Your hard work deserves recognition! Our reward and recognition platform empowers peers to acknowledge and reward each other for the exceptional contributions they make.
Elevate Your Health & Fitness: Get access to MyFitnessPal Premium, allowing you to take your fitness, health and wellness journey to new heights.
Unlock Your Potential: Access our virtual learning and development library, and participate in training opportunities to continuously grow and enhance your skills.
Championing Inclusion: Our dedicated DEI Committee actively fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress across the organization.
Healthcare Matters: Your well-being is our priority. Take advantage of our competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits that cater to your holistic healthcare needs. Feel secure and supported on your wellness journey.
Secure Your Future: Benefit from our retirement savings program, giving you peace of mind for your financial goals. Reach them sooner with MyFitnessPal’s competitive employer match.
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.