Editorial Intern (Part-time)
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the most trusted brand for improving your health through better food choices. We believe good health starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your weight management goals.
We are looking for a part-time intern to join our Editorial team. In this internship, you’ll have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the world of publishing and editorial work. You’ll work closely with our editorial team, assisting in various tasks related to content creation, editing, and publication.
Who you are:
You're a science nerd and a lover of words, often known for offering friends and family (unsolicited) nutrition advice or correcting grammatical errors in texts (yes, it's "you're," not "your").🤓
Your passion lies at the intersection of content creation and wellness. You love the creative process and are always excited by a new challenge, whether it's writing an informative blog or crafting a video script that supports visual storytelling.
You thrive in a collaborative environment but don't shy away from working proactively. And aren’t too scared to roll your sleeves up and dig your hands into scientific material, helping to make complex information easy for others to understand.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in researching and generating ideas for blog posts and videos
- Contribute to the writing and editing process for a variety of content
- Conduct fact-checking and proofreading to ensure accuracy and quality
- Assist in managing editorial calendars and deadlines
- Collaborate with the editorial team to brainstorm creative concepts and strategies
- Create Q&As and interview internal subject matter experts for content
- Upload content to content management system
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or a related field
- Be a current, full-time college student. The following students are generally eligible:
- Undergraduate students graduating between May 2024 and May 2025
- (rising Juniors or Seniors)
- Students completing their master’s degree between May 2024 and May
- Full Time MBA students
- Passion for creative storytelling, consumer behavior, emerging trends in digital media
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented and willing to roll up your sleeves
- Convey a can-do, positive attitude towards tackling problems and are able to see other points of view
- Reliable access to the internet and comfortable in a remote working environment
- Preferred familiarity with content management systems and social media platforms
Bonus if you have you currently create your own editorial content for a blog, podcast or YouTube channel! (Following size doesn’t matter.)
Perks & Benefits
- Paid internship
- Remote equal philosophy enabling you to work from any state in which we have operations in the continental U.S. (currently, not including AK)
- A dynamic, motivating and fun work environment
- Mentorship and guidance from senior staff and leadership
- Opportunity to work on a product with a positive impact on people’s live
This position pays $25.00 per hour. Our expectation for a part-time intern position is 10-15 hours per week.
If you are passionate about writing, editing, and the world of publishing, we would love to hear from you. Apply now for the Editorial Intern position and kickstart your career in the exciting field of editorial work.
Exciting Full-Time Employee Benefits, Perks and Culture
Embrace the Freedom: Be a digital nomad, work from anywhere we have operations within the continental U.S.
Office Vibes: If you prefer working in an office, we've got you covered, our HQ is in vibrant Austin, TX.
Face-to-Face Connections: We value personal connections. Enjoy opportunities to meet and connect with your team members in person to help forge meaningful relationships that extend beyond the virtual realm. Teams meet as often as needed and all of MyFitnessPal gathers annually.
Flexibility At Its Best: Achieve the work-life balance you deserve. Enjoy a flexible time-off policy and work on your own terms with our Responsible Time Off benefit.
Give Back: Use your volunteer days off to support what matters most to you. Each full time teammate receives 2 days per calendar year to give back to their community through service.
Mentorship Program: Take control of your career through our mentorship program where, if you’d like, you will be matched with a teammate who can help you scale your skills and propel your growth.
Family-Friendly Support: Embrace the journey with confidence and care. Enjoy our paid maternity and paternity leave, to provide time to balance family responsibilities with your career and take the time needed to strengthen family relationships. We understand the complexities of starting or expanding a family, which is why we provide best-in-class comprehensive assistance for fertility-related matters.
Wellness Comes First: Live Good Health is one of our core values. Receive a monthly Wellness Allowance, empowering you to focus on your physical and mental well-being by choosing from a range of wellness initiatives, including dedicated mental health days.
Celebrate Greatness: Your hard work deserves recognition! Our reward and recognition platform empowers peers to acknowledge and reward each other for the exceptional contributions they make.
Elevate Your Health & Fitness: Get access to MyFitnessPal Premium, allowing you to take your fitness, health and wellness journey to new heights.
Unlock Your Potential: Access our virtual learning and development library, and participate in training opportunities to continuously grow and enhance your skills.
Championing Inclusion: Our dedicated DEI Committee actively fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress across the organization.
Healthcare Matters: Your well-being is our priority. Take advantage of our competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits that cater to your holistic healthcare needs. Feel secure and supported on your wellness journey.
Secure Your Future: Benefit from our retirement savings program, giving you peace of mind for your financial goals. Reach them sooner with MyFitnessPal’s competitive employer match.
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.