Senior Technical Project Manager
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the most trusted brand for improving your health through better food choices. We believe good health starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your weight management goals.
The MyFitnessPal PMO Team works in an environment in which we can all learn and grow together. We consistently deliver impactful features to our 13m+ users while leading our agile teams & collaborating with many cross-organizational teams.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for a motivated Senior Technical Project Manager that is comfortable in the role of both Scrum Master and Project Manager for 2-3 cross functional teams. You will lead teams and projects that are complex and technical in nature. You will work closely with Engineering, Product, QA and other business stakeholders to coordinate the delivery of project work that help our users achieve their goals.
We need someone who is detail-oriented, excellent at team motivation & accountability, and committed to delivering on time, with a high quality bar. It doesn’t hurt if you are passionate about health and fitness.
- Provide superior leadership, relationship building and team collaboration skills leading diverse, cross-functional teams on complex projects simultaneously.
- Direct activities across cross-functional teams (Engineering, Product, QA, etc.), and proactively identify and manage dependencies.
- Prepare reports and analyze project process against average velocity and other available data.
- Inspire teamwork without direct reporting authority and maximize the value created by your delivery team.
- Conduct Agile ceremonies, including Daily Stand-Ups, Sprint Planning, Retrospectives, and Sprint Demos and also assist with roadmapping for your teams
- Coordinate keeping all project artifacts updated in business systems like Confluence, JIRA, google suite and are also responsible for creating project monitoring tools like Dashboards and Risk logs to avoid project pitfalls.
- Escalate issues and impacts to delivery timelines and work proactively with teams to remove barriers.
- Serve as the liaison to stakeholders outside of your delivery team and will be working with senior leadership to keep them aligned on status and progress of deliverables
- Innovate with the broader team to create a strategy for programs & projects to ship more effectively.
- Take part in PMO related activities/projects like creating training materials and being a trainer.
- Question status quo and create new & innovative processes related to methodologies, tools, and ways of working that are rolled out to wider organization
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 6+ years of experience working in a cross-functional team environment with a track record of being a part of software development projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated experience handling complex technical projects like migrations as well as feature projects
- CSM and/or CSPO certification is strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience with JIRA, Confluence (alternatively: Rally, VersionOne, etc.) and GSuite Experience delivering large scale consumer software products – either as a business analyst, software developer, project manager, ScrumMaster or Product Owner.
- Extensive knowledge of agile principles and scrum/kanban processes.
- Acute attention to detail and exemplary communication & organization skills.
- Strong team player with ability to coach/mentor others within a PMO team environment.
- Proficiency in software dependency management across technology stacks, for example Apple and Google mobile applications, web, backend, and database services
- Flexibility to help teams execute without perfect process or overbearing checklists.
- Highly engaged, self-starter with ability to balance achieving results and fostering collaboration.
- Experienced coordinating software releases across multiple teams, including external groups like customer support, quality assurance, and marketing teams.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and orchestrating process improvement.
- Travel Requirement: Approximately 10% travel will be required for this position.
- Job Location: Austin, TX preferred but open to remote.
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at MyFitnessPal ranges from $99,000 - $140,000. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, MyFitnessPal offers a wide range of comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, parental planning, mental health benefits, annual performance bonus, a 401(k) plan and match, responsible time off, monthly wellness and technology allowances, and others.
Exciting Full-Time Employee Benefits, Perks and Culture
Embrace the Freedom: Be a digital nomad, work from anywhere we have operations within the continental U.S.
Office Vibes: If you prefer working in an office, we've got you covered, our HQ is in vibrant Austin, TX.
Face-to-Face Connections: We value personal connections. Enjoy opportunities to meet and connect with your team members in person to help forge meaningful relationships that extend beyond the virtual realm. Teams meet as often as needed and all of MyFitnessPal gathers annually.
Flexibility At Its Best: Achieve the work-life balance you deserve. Enjoy a flexible time-off policy and work on your own terms with our Responsible Time Off benefit.
Give Back: Use your volunteer days off to support what matters most to you. Each full time teammate receives 2 days per calendar year to give back to their community through service.
Mentorship Program: Take control of your career through our mentorship program where, if you’d like, you will be matched with a teammate who can help you scale your skills and propel your growth.
Family-Friendly Support: Embrace the journey with confidence and care. Enjoy our paid maternity and paternity leave, to provide time to balance family responsibilities with your career and take the time needed to strengthen family relationships. We understand the complexities of starting or expanding a family, which is why we provide best-in-class comprehensive assistance for fertility-related matters.
Wellness Comes First: Live Good Health is one of our core values. Receive a monthly Wellness Allowance, empowering you to focus on your physical and mental well-being by choosing from a range of wellness initiatives, including dedicated mental health days.
Celebrate Greatness: Your hard work deserves recognition! Our reward and recognition platform empowers peers to acknowledge and reward each other for the exceptional contributions they make.
Elevate Your Health & Fitness: Get access to MyFitnessPal Premium, allowing you to take your fitness, health and wellness journey to new heights.
Unlock Your Potential: Access our virtual learning and development library, and participate in training opportunities to continuously grow and enhance your skills.
Championing Inclusion: Our dedicated DEI Committee actively fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress across the organization.
Healthcare Matters: Your well-being is our priority. Take advantage of our competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits that cater to your holistic healthcare needs. Feel secure and supported on your wellness journey.
Secure Your Future: Benefit from our retirement savings program, giving you peace of mind for your financial goals. Reach them sooner with MyFitnessPal’s competitive employer match.
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.