Head of Nutrition
At MyFitnessPal, our vision is to be the most trusted brand for improving your health through better food choices. We believe good health starts with what you eat. We provide the tools and resources to reach your weight management goals.
Both internally and externally facing, the Head of Nutrition will represent our brand in the media as well as guide our product, content, and marketing teams in helping our members reach their goals. You are a dynamic spokesperson with extensive experience in all aspects of nutrition science and communications, including designing, implementing, and directing health, wellness, and nutrition business strategies. You have influence, can translate science into layman's terms, and have a proven success record in effectively and authentically translating the value of a product to the media and end-consumer.
What you’ll be doing:
- Act as subject matter expert on nutrition; develop health and nutrition strategy/plans while co-leading the vision and mission around nutrition
- Serve as a core team member for innovation by translating health and nutrition science and regulatory standards into business opportunities
- Enhance credibility for MyFitnessPal by representing our nutrition POV to the outside world and to the product and innovation teams internally
- Strategically evaluate competitive landscapes, translate research and insights, and identify emerging nutrition trends
- Serve as the company's primary health and nutrition resource to address and ensure compliance of emerging or changing scientific developments and regulations in alignment with changes in market or business strategies
- Partner with our Editorial Director to create and manage nutrition content strategy for end consumers
- Manage a small team consisting of a Lead Nutrition Scientist and Food Database contractors
- Serve as a health and nutrition spokesperson/ambassador for media
- Act as a lead contact to help facilitate any research design with universities and other outside organizations/partners and translate the results for marketing purposes
- Create nutrition education materials for our end-users, partners, media, health leaders or influencers
- Live our core values in all you do:
- Be Kind and Care
- Live Good Health
- Be Data-Inspired
- Champion Change
- Leave it Better than You Found It
- Make It Happen
Qualifications to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years of experience, with 5 years management experience - ideally some in a corporate setting
- Registered Dietician Required
- Clinical experience required
- Master’s Degree in Nutrition Science or related field
- Experience with nutrition for weight loss or gain, health, and fitness
- Familiarity with nutrition-focused mobile applications
- Competent in delivering large-scale nutrition programs
- Ability to conduct remote nutrition programs
- Capable of distilling scientifically-vetted nutrition plans into a digestible digital nutrition program or plan
- Data-driven mindset
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communicator
- Excellent presentation skills
- 20-30% travel required
Please consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications. Research shows you can still be considered for a position if you meet some of the requirements. At MyFitnessPal, we’re building a fitness product for everyone and believe our team should reflect that. We encourage people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives to apply.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at MyFitnessPal ranges from $132,000 - $170,000. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, MyFitnessPal offers a wide range of comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, parental planning, mental health benefits, annual performance bonus, a 401(k) plan and match, responsible time off, monthly wellness and technology allowances, and others.
Exciting Full-Time Employee Benefits, Perks and Culture
Embrace the Freedom: Be a digital nomad, work from anywhere we have operations within the continental U.S.
Office Vibes: If you prefer working in an office, we've got you covered, our HQ is in vibrant Austin, TX.
Face-to-Face Connections: We value personal connections. Enjoy opportunities to meet and connect with your team members in person to help forge meaningful relationships that extend beyond the virtual realm. Teams meet as often as needed and all of MyFitnessPal gathers annually.
Flexibility At Its Best: Achieve the work-life balance you deserve. Enjoy a flexible time-off policy and work on your own terms with our Responsible Time Off benefit.
Give Back: Use your volunteer days off to support what matters most to you. Each full time teammate receives 2 days per calendar year to give back to their community through service.
Mentorship Program: Take control of your career through our mentorship program where, if you’d like, you will be matched with a teammate who can help you scale your skills and propel your growth.
Family-Friendly Support: Embrace the journey with confidence and care. Enjoy our paid maternity and paternity leave, to provide time to balance family responsibilities with your career and take the time needed to strengthen family relationships. We understand the complexities of starting or expanding a family, which is why we provide best-in-class comprehensive assistance for fertility-related matters.
Wellness Comes First: Live Good Health is one of our core values. Receive a monthly Wellness Allowance, empowering you to focus on your physical and mental well-being by choosing from a range of wellness initiatives, including dedicated mental health days.
Celebrate Greatness: Your hard work deserves recognition! Our reward and recognition platform empowers peers to acknowledge and reward each other for the exceptional contributions they make.
Elevate Your Health & Fitness: Get access to MyFitnessPal Premium, allowing you to take your fitness, health and wellness journey to new heights.
Unlock Your Potential: Access our virtual learning and development library, and participate in training opportunities to continuously grow and enhance your skills.
Championing Inclusion: Our dedicated DEI Committee actively fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace by setting actionable goals and evaluating progress across the organization.
Healthcare Matters: Your well-being is our priority. Take advantage of our competitive medical, dental, and vision benefits that cater to your holistic healthcare needs. Feel secure and supported on your wellness journey.
Secure Your Future: Benefit from our retirement savings program, giving you peace of mind for your financial goals. Reach them sooner with MyFitnessPal’s competitive employer match.
At MyFitnessPal, our mission is to enable people to make healthy choices. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table and believe in a collaborative and inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability. These are our guiding ideologies and apply across all aspects of employment.
MyFitnessPal participates in E-Verify.