Associate, Instructional Design (Hyderabad and Delhi)
Associate, Instructional Design, Academics
Working Configuration: Hybrid (3 days a week in office)
Office Location: Hyderabad/Delhi
Who We Are - About NewGlobe
NewGlobe is working with visionary governments around the world to dramatically improve the quality of basic education. Founded in 2007, we partner with governments to provide integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, Our data-driven approach has been validated by a Nobel-winning researcher and recognition by international leaders in Education. We imagine a world where all children can access an education that unlocks their full potential.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us. More information: newglobe.education
About the Role
As an Instructional Design Associate, you join a team working to make a difference in the world. In the markets we serve, the number of pupils attending school is soaring, but the quality of most schools, according to international experts, is low. Writers join our Instructional Design department to invest time in producing quality learning materials to improve thousands of children’s daily academic experience.
As an Instructional Design Associate, you will create “teacher guides'' (daily lesson plans delivered by e-reader), textbooks, and other materials as a means to improve learning gains among pupils. You will also create innovative resources for learning outside the classroom, in the form of radio programs, digital storybooks, activity packs, and downloadable learning guides.
What You Will Do
- Write and build lesson materials as assigned under an instructional plan, such as teacher guides, exams, and textbook content
- Edit lesson materials (teacher guides, textbooks, exams) to ensure they are free of errors and inconsistencies
- Adhere to formatting and delivery requirements, including aspects of print production, such as writing art specs and styling manuscripts
- Participate in ongoing training in instructional design and pedagogy
What You Should Have
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Experience in early childhood or intermediate education or strong interest in global education
- Ability and willingness to write, solve, and explain elementary/middle school-level math problems
- Desire to remain engaged with tedious or repetitive assignments
What We Offer
- The opportunity to make a difference for children every day at a proven, internationally recognized, mission-driven company.
- Flexible hybrid working arrangement.
- Health insurance
- 15 days annual leave + 12 sick leaves + 12 casual leaves
- Professional development: fast role growth and internal transfer opportunities at a fast-growing scale up.
Values of Successful Employees at NewGlobe
We are looking for new joiners who are energized by our mission and share our values.
Detailed doers, creative problem-solvers, relentless advocates, malleable learners, data-driven decision-makers and curious investigators do well at NewGlobe. Learn more about our values and how to succeed as a job-seeker at NewGlobe // Bridge on our LinkedIn page.
What to Expect from the Interview Process
We have a rigorous, merit based hiring process. The process is designed to simulate the essential parts of the job and introduce you to your role in the business should you join our team. Apply via our website.
- A brief online assessment and personality inventory
- A screening interview with a member of theTA team
- A functional interview with an Instructional Design Manager
- A Values Interview with a member of the hiring team
- A Reference Check
We will never ask for payment as part of the interview process and we are committed to a fair process free of discrimination based on gender, race, ethnicity, citizenship or disability.