Director, School Management Design
Working Configuration: Hybrid (3 days a week in office)
Office Location: Cambridge, MA
Reports To: Vice President, School Management Design
Who We Are - About NewGlobe
NewGlobe is working with visionary governments around the world to dramatically improve the quality of basic education. Founded in 2007, we partner with governments to provide integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, Our data-driven approach has been validated by a Nobel-winning researcher and recognition by international leaders in Education. We imagine a world where all children can access an education that unlocks their full potential.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us. More information: newglobe.education
About the Role
The performance of the entire organization is led by the Schools Group, which is responsible for day-to-day management of each school. The group is charged with inspiring teachers to teach with passion, pupils to learn with purpose, parents to believe in a better future for their children, and communities to become the change they want to see in the world. To achieve this vision, the team ensures each school and each programme as a whole is smoothly run, ensuring the delivery of life changing lessons, creating an experience that makes parents stay with us, and also cultivating interest and excitement in our work in communities where we serve. Schools is the heart of our work.
As a Director of School Management, your primary role is to ensure the Schools Vertical has the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to effectively do their job. You will contribute to the worldwide vision, strategy, goals for school management; create the processes and tools necessary to enact those goals; and collaborate with the Regional Schools Directors to execute this design at scale.
Your goal will be to make every school under our management more consistently effective, primarily through well designed, robust structure and process. Your overarching goal is to raise the performance of all schools across all programmes, as measured by Key Performance Indicators. You will be responsible for designing and launching systems, tools and structures to improve the day-to-day management and support experience for thousands of school leaders across the globe. This includes the design of a school leader’s own day, schedule and priorities, and structuring the support and monitoring they receive through the entire Schools vertical (Supervisors, Regional Managers; Schools Directors).
What You Will Do
- Design and manage tools, systems and structures to improve the day-to-day management of schools by thousands of school leaders across the globe.
- Direct high priority redesign projects that demonstrably drive the utility and usage of our tools in addition to results on school key performance indicators.
- Manage a team that consistently programs the schedule and tools used by school leaders and the schools vertical. Design cyclical programme planning, execution and communication systems as well as the rollout of any change or improvement to tools or systems. A roll out typically involves small scale piloting and iteration before larger scale implementation and change management (which may involve different programs, departments or Groups). Demonstrate the successful implementation of any schedules, calendars and tools.
- Collaborate with the Regional Schools Directors and Leadership and Development team to build the capacity of Schools Directors, Regional Managers, Supervisors, School leaders and Teachers in succeeding with the help of their daily schedule, coaching or other tools. Collaborate with a variety of cross functional teams to ensure alignment and effective execution.
- This role will require some international travel throughout the year.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in a leadership position at a school with a track record for strong school management, culture and learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to create clarity and an eye for good design. (Whether in the form of emails, observation forms or posters - you don’t need clarity handed to you. You create it. You don’t need optimal designs handed to you - you can look at something messy and clean it up.)
- Demonstrated depth of knowledge about and engaged experiences with the components of school management.
- Learning Outcomes
- Enrolment Outcomes
- Record of success in leading adults; prior experience with direct management and ensuring key performance indicators are achieved and deliverables are submitted on time.
- Strong belief that individuals thrive and succeed under structure; that we’re not taking away autonomy but setting individuals up to succeed
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Excellent organization and planning skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to take feedback positively and turn it into quick improvement
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and/or under the direction of senior management, as needed
- Flexible and able to multi-task coupled with the ability to set priorities and follow through with results
- A combination of confidence and humility
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree
What We Offer
- Opportunity for impact: The opportunity to directly impact the experiences of over one million children at a proven, internationally recognized, mission-driven company
- Flexible hybrid working arrangement.
- Health + Dental insurance
- 20 paid leave days (excluding public holidays) and 6 sick days
- Career Mobility: Embrace growth and mobility across teams as our organization's needs expand rapidly
Values of Successful Employees at NewGlobe
We are looking for new joiners who are energized by our mission and share our values. Detailed doers, creative problem-solvers, relentless advocates, malleable learners, data-driven decision-makers and curious investigators do well at NewGlobe. Learn more about our values and how to succeed as a job-seeker at NewGlobe // Bridge on our LinkedIn page.
What to Expect from the Interview Process
We have a rigorous, merit based hiring process. The process is designed to simulate the essential parts of the job and introduce you to your role in the business should you join our team. Apply via our website.
- A screening interview with a member of theTalent Acquisition team
- A performance Task
- A functional interview with the reporting manager
- A values interview with a member of the hiring team
- A reference Check