Associate, Instructional Design
Associate, Instructional Design
Working Configuration: Hybrid (3 days a week in office)
Office Location: Cambridge, MA
Reports To: Foundational Literacy Program Manager
Who We Are - About NewGlobe
NewGlobe is working with visionary governments around the world to dramatically improve the quality of basic education. Founded in 2007, we partner with governments to provide integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, Our data-driven approach has been validated by a Nobel-winning researcher and recognition by international leaders in Education. We imagine a world where all children can access an education that unlocks their full potential.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us. More information: newglobe.education
About the Role
As an Instructional Design Associate, you will join a team working to make a difference in the world. In the markets we serve, the number of pupils attending school is soaring, but the quality of most schools, according to international experts, is low. Writers join our Instructional Design department to invest time in producing quality learning materials to improve thousands of children’s daily academic experience.
One of the most important products we deliver to students is a literacy program, which is a leveled system that starts out with systematic phonics and progresses to build rich background knowledge and comprehension skills as the levels increase.
Our team is in the middle of writing the upper levels of this program (Grades 4-5), and needs to produce several books containing high-quality reading passages. As the writing associate, you will join a team of associates led by a director and a manager to produce these literacy books.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with a team to understand the vision for the literacy books and the passages they contain
- Write high-quality texts according to certain criteria (word count, theme, decodability)
- Draft specs for accompanying text-art
- Write comprehension questions
- Edit passages to meet quality specifications and subjective criteria
- Proofread texts
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in writing or publishing
- Experience writing for children or educational products is a plus
- Ability to collaborate productively with managers and peers, give and take feedback with generosity of spirit.
- Attention to detail to ensure the internal coherence of the product
What We Offer
- Opportunity for impact: The opportunity to directly impact the experiences of over one million children at a proven, internationally recognized, mission-driven company
- Flexible hybrid working arrangement
- Health + Dental insurance
- 20 paid leave days (excluding public holidays) and 6 sick days
- Career Mobility: Embrace growth and mobility across teams as our organization's needs expand rapidly
Values of Successful Employees at NewGlobe
We are looking for new joiners who are energized by our mission and share our values. Detailed doers, creative problem-solvers, relentless advocates, malleable learners, data-driven decision-makers and curious investigators do well at NewGlobe. Learn more about our values and how to succeed as a job-seeker at NewGlobe // Bridge on our LinkedIn page.
What to Expect from the Interview Process
We have a rigorous, merit based hiring process. The process is designed to simulate the essential parts of the job and introduce you to your role in the business should you join our team. Apply via our website.
- A screening interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- A performance Task
- A functional interview with the reporting manager
- A values interview with a member of the hiring team
- A reference Check