Manager, People Operations
Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curriculum and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their own history, and master local content, while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behaviour change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honoured to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
Our people are at the core of what we do, and supporting a diverse workforce that spans many industries, and many cultures, while at the same time keeping everyone aligned to our mission and mandate takes focus and determination. We work at a massive scale. We are responsible for ensuring we support each team member to succeed, aligned to business goals and constraints. We are responsible for our human capital, including but not limited to all aspects of people operations including payroll, compensation and benefits; administration of all offices and support functions; and employee engagement. We are data-driven, and leverage technology to make both informed and efficient decisions and work processes. We are the champions of our values. We value continuous learning and extensive collaboration, and have a strong focus on performance. We are evidence-based, outcomes driven and lead through service.
People Operations manages each employee's life cycle with us, with a focus on contracting, benefits, compensation, payroll, and date-driven performance management. We are the first point of contact on most issues for our team members, ensuring our policies support and encourage a strong and effective team. Working across hundreds to thousands of employees, we work at scale, with large amounts of data, leveraging technology to improve employee systems and support.
About the Role
The People Operations Team is responsible for all the touchpoints of managing the employee lifecycle, including but not limited to offer letters, contracts, benefits, performance management tools, and employee off-boarding with both local laws and company policies. People Operations uses data from employee lifecycle management to improve employee management and effectiveness, ensuring all components of the People Group are using data to drive decision-making. Effective programming within People Operations ensures that employees are seamlessly supported through their employment touchpoints, and that core employment structures and compensation strategies are used effectively to attract and retain high performing employees within the constraints of business operations.
The Manager, People Operations is responsible for specific administrative, operational and quantitative tasks that contribute to attaining the above objectives of the People Operations Team.
You’ll excel in this role if you have a penchant for designing and executing smooth processes, are a top-notch project manager, and can use quantitative skills to make data-driven decisions to inform problem-solving of people related issues within the organisation.
This role will report to the Director, People.
What You Will Do
- Administration of compensation activities and ensuring correct implementation of company procedures such as payroll
- Administer NAVISION, our employee data management system. Responsibilities include entering accurate staff details, and double-checking that the data is complete and accurate.
- Generating analysis reports of employee data for internal and external users such as reports to our funders.
- Compile relevant data and recommendations to guide decision-making related to compensation, organisation structure, attrition, promotions and other People Operations related activities. Analyse trends in the organisation, economy and employment marketplace to identify issues and opportunities to enhance workforce planning strategies.
- Project manage the process of job evaluation and salary surveys, supporting to ensure that approved salary bands and People policies and procedures are adhered to, to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee experience.
- Managing the smooth execution of the organisation’s benefits programs including: insurance programs and leave management. Provide feedback on employee satisfaction and queries and brainstorm new cost-effective programming with the People Director and People Group.
- Carrying out research as needed on compensation programs when required to ensure that ours are aligned with the current industry trends, practices and costs.
- Evaluate compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements with regard to compensation and benefits.
- Carry out training and sending communication to ensure organisation-wide understanding of compensation and benefits and any pay-related activity e.g. reimbursements and advance policies.
- Monitor the effectiveness of People procedures across the employee life cycle such as on-boarding and induction for all those who join us.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree from a reputable university
- Minimum 3 years of full-time work experience after graduation from your undergraduate degree
- Excellent email, Excel /spreadsheet, MS Word/word processing skills
- Good knowledge or the willingness to learn and navigate labour laws
- Strong knowledge of Salary structure, Benefits and compensation, Surveys/benchmarking, Job evaluation systems.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Experience in a challenging, dynamic and complex business environment.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, confidentiality and integrity at all times.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.