Who We Are
NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society.
With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
NewGlobe’s high-touch, intensive professional development programs, along with integrated school management, teacher support, and assessment software, enable schools to succeed. NewGlobe works within state and national curriculum and syllabi, ensuring all children are empowered to learn their own history, and master local content, while being globally competitive in mathematics and languages. The science of behaviour change and the science of learning is at the foundation of all programming.
NewGlobe works with urgency because youth quickly becomes adulthood and relentlessly because improvement requires continuous problem-solving. NewGlobe is honoured to serve and to help rebuild trust in public systems.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us.
The Communications team is housed with the Strategy group. It collaborates across departments and programmes to create and execute compelling strategies; locally and globally. Communications has a wide portfolio of responsibilities including external and internal relations, advocacy, strategy, digital, reputation management and media relations. We are focused on ensuring that the exceptional achievements being made across a wide portfolio of programming are effectively and impactfully communicated. We lead, develop and support strategies in multiple programmes and continents simultaneously; shaping and influencing the external environments in which we work. We pride ourselves in being able to respond quickly and effectively at all times.
The Strategy Group is responsible for our overall direction in education service, designing our verbal and visual brand, communicating our work internally and externally, providing insight within which we work, measuring the impact of our programs, engaging our government partners in programming, ensuring regulatory compliance, and expanding the reach of our services into new geographies. Creative, Communications, Insights, Measurement & Evaluation, Quality Assurance, Policy & Partnerships, and New Opportunities are all departments within the Strategy Group. Collaboration between and coordination of each of these department’s functions is critical to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to help tell the support of NewGlobe through gathering and creating impactful content.
Our ideal candidate will be excited about communications and know how to tell a compelling story. They will have a strong understanding of all communications channels and the ability to design content that optimises those channels to drive support for the programme. The candidate will be a strong writer and be able to put together news stories; social media posts, storyboards and talking points. They should possess a keen sense of ownership and quick execution.
What You Will Do
- Develop multimedia content and collateral, including stories, photos and videos, generated from across NewGlobe schools that tell the powerful story of what NewGlobe does and importantly how it does what it does.
- Support management and updating of the website regularly by creating rich and engaging content.
- Support, maintain and upload digital communications to social media platforms sharing relevant content, photographs and videos on a regular basis.
- Find opportunities to insert NewGlobe into news and events.
- Support and build our events and public speaking platform within South South Nigeria.
- Support the team in delivering the agreed departmental strategy, plans and standards.
- Work within short term and long-term communications plans as conveyed by the Director of Communications.
- Monitor and report media trends and activities of NewGlobe.
- Undertake specific other communications projects and activities as necessary.
What You Should Have
- A degree in Communications or any other related field.
- 2 years plus experience in a core communications role (in house or agency)
- Proven ability to identify and produce compelling material and stories.
- A strong skill set as a storyteller.
- Proven ability to collate, produce and edit multimedia content for digital channels
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills to deal effectively, efficiently and appropriately with internal and external stakeholders including the media.
- Experience of managing digital media and social media channels.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise own workload effectively and efficiently and meet deadlines.Well-developed ability to work well with others as part of a team, providing support as required, and build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Familiarity and experience of using WordPress will be an added advantage.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.