Programme Manager, Schools
Who We Are - About NewGlobe
NewGlobe is working with visionary governments around the world to dramatically improve the quality of basic education. Founded in 2007, we partner with governments to provide integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, Our data-driven approach has been validated by a Nobel-winning researcher and recognition by international leaders in Education. We imagine a world where all children can access an education that unlocks their full potential.
We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us. More information: newglobe.education
About the team: Schools Management
Schools are the heart of NewGlobe. Schools is responsible for ensuring all of the work created by our expert teams, including Instructional Design, Leadership & Development, Technology, Communications, and Insight, are used in each school, and each school is managed to achieve its goal of ensuring every child enjoys a learning environment that develops her core skills, knowledge and confidence. The performance of the entire organization is led by the Schools Group, which works to strengthen school enrollment and student retention, by ensuring every school is regarded as the strongest school in its neighbourhood and delivers on improved learning outcomes for children. Schools is the largest team in the organization, as this Group is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of each school. We engage with school leaders and teachers every day, ensuring ongoing professional development, performance management, and intensive coaching. Our investments in instructional design and teachers’ professional development are overseen by the Schools Group, and academics is at the forefront of our school programming. To ensure sustainability, we support effective school-level budgeting and financial management. We are always seeking effective ways of ensuring every school is supported with data-driven practices. We measure our success through increased enrollments in the school, signaling strength in management and community engagement, and by the learning outcomes of the children in the classroom. We are performance driven.
About the Role
As the Programme Manager of School and Community Management you will be responsible for assisting in the management of the entire “front of house” school operations from beginning to end. This is a highly hands-on job, involving intense programme management skills, impeccable customer service, and constant accountability. This includes managing the engagement field team responsible for launching and managing new partnership schools as well as overseeing the execution of advertisements, events, and parent programmes.
What You Will Do
- Coordinate the Management of our Partnership Schools in collaboration with the Director of Schools and Academics. Oversee activities of the department in the absence of the Director.
- Supervise and Manage Community engagement strategy for building powerful public schools
- Develop, manage and supervise PTA engagement activities in day to day running of the schools
- Coordinate schools, supplies, grounds, and overall inventory management; principal supervision and mentorship; and more – including accountability measures
- Coordinate community outreach across all ‘Our Education’ Partnership communities including advertisements, events, communications, programmes, promotions and more aimed at parents, community leaders and influencers, and general public
- Oversee the collation of information from all departments; maintain weekly trackers, supervise data collection from field; work with assigned partners and Director to increase community linkages.
- Develop and work with Parent Teachers Associations, Community Leaders in developing strategic plans for school management
What You Should Have
- A Bachelor's degree in Social sciences, Community Development, Business Management or in any relevant field.
- At least 5 years relevant experience, including extensive experience in operations, programme management, managing field teams, retail, sales, and customer strategy
- Prior experience working within a fast-paced, metric driven sales organization; start up or high-growth company experience preferred
- Experience working with low income customers; community engagement in the education or health sector is a major plus
- Experience planning events; interacting with major stakeholders; community, business and government
Values of Successful Employees at NewGlobe
We are looking for new joiners who are energized by our mission and share our values.
Detailed doers, creative problem-solvers, relentless advocates, malleable learners, data-driven decision-makers and curious investigators do well at NewGlobe. Learn more about our values and how to succeed as a job-seeker at NewGlobe on our LinkedIn page.