Manager, People Operations
Who We Are - About NewGlobe
NewGlobe is working with visionary governments around the world to dramatically improve the quality of basic education. Founded in 2007, we partner with governments to provide integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, Our data-driven approach has been validated by a Nobel-winning researcher and recognition by international leaders in Education. We imagine a world where all children can access an education that unlocks their full potential.
We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us. More information: newglobe.education
Our people are at the core of what we do, and supporting a diverse workforce that spans many industries, and many cultures, while at the same time keeping everyone aligned to our mission and mandate takes focus and determination. We work at a massive scale. We are responsible for ensuring we support each team member to succeed, aligned to business goals and constraints. We are responsible for our human capital, administration of all offices and support functions, and employee engagement. We are data-driven, and leverage technology to make both informed and efficient decisions and work processes. We are the champions of our culture. We value continuous learning and extensive collaboration, and have a strong focus on performance. We are evidence-based, outcomes driven and led through service. The People Department is responsible for People Operations. The People Operations Team manages each employee's life cycle with us, with a focus on contracting, benefits, compensation, payroll, and data-driven performance management. We are the first point of contact on most issues for our team members, ensuring our policies support and encourage a strong and effective team. Working across hundreds to thousands of employees, we work at scale, with large amounts of data, leveraging technology to improve employee systems and support.
About the Role
The People Operations Team is responsible for all the touchpoints of managing the employee lifecycle, including but not limited to offer letters, contracts, benefits, performance management tools, and employee off-boarding with both local laws and company policies. People Operations uses data from employee lifecycle management to improve employee management and effectiveness, ensuring all components of the People Group are using data to drive decision-making. Effective programming within People Operations ensures that employees are seamlessly supported through their employment touchpoints, and that core employment structures and compensation strategies are used effectively to attract and retain high performing employees within the constraints of business operations.
The Manager, People Operations is responsible for specific administrative, operational and quantitative tasks that contribute to attaining the above objectives of the People Operations Team.
You’ll excel in this role if you have a penchant for designing and executing smooth processes, are a top-notch project manager, and can use quantitative skills to make data-driven decisions to inform problem-solving of people related issues within the organisation.
This role will report to the Director, People.
What You Will Do
- Administration of compensation activities and ensuring correct implementation of company procedures such as payroll
- Administer NAVISION, our employee data management system. Responsibilities include entering accurate staff details, and double-checking that the data is complete and accurate.
- Generating analysis reports of employee data for internal and external users such as reports to our funders.
- Compile relevant data and recommendations to guide decision-making related to compensation, organisation structure, attrition, promotions and other People Operations related activities. Analyse trends in the organisation, economy and employment marketplace to identify issues and opportunities to enhance workforce planning strategies.
- Project manage the process of job evaluation and salary surveys, supporting to ensure that approved salary bands and People policies and procedures are adhered to, to ensure the achievement of equitable and competitive employee experience.
- Managing the smooth execution of the organisation’s benefits programs including: insurance programs and leave management. Provide feedback on employee satisfaction and queries and brainstorm new cost-effective programming with the People Director and People Group.
- Carrying out research as needed on compensation programs when required to ensure that ours are aligned with the current industry trends, practices and costs.
- Evaluate compliance with regulatory and statutory requirements with regard to compensation and benefits.
- Carry out training and sending communication to ensure organisation-wide understanding of compensation and benefits and any pay-related activity e.g. reimbursements and advance policies.
- Monitor the effectiveness of People procedures across the employee life cycle such as on-boarding and induction for all those who join us.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor's degree from a reputable university
- Minimum 3 years of full-time work experience after graduation from your undergraduate degree
- Excellent email, Excel /spreadsheet, MS Word/word processing skills
- Good knowledge or the willingness to learn and navigate labour laws
- Strong knowledge of Salary structure, Benefits and compensation, Surveys/benchmarking, Job evaluation systems.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Experience in a challenging, dynamic and complex business environment.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, confidentiality and integrity at all times.
Values of Successful Employees at NewGlobe
We are looking for new joiners who are energized by our mission and share our values.
Detailed doers, creative problem-solvers, relentless advocates, malleable learners, data-driven decision-makers and curious investigators do well at NewGlobe. Learn more about our values and how to succeed as a job-seeker at NewGlobe on our LinkedIn page.