Sr. Associate L&D
Senior Associate, Leadership & Development
Working Configuration: Hybrid (3 days a week in office)
Office Location: Kigali, RW
Reports To: L&D Director
Who We Are - About NewGlobe
NewGlobe is working with visionary governments around the world to dramatically improve the quality of basic education. Founded in 2007, we partner with governments to provide integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, Our data-driven approach has been validated by a Nobel-winning researcher and recognition by international leaders in Education. We imagine a world where all children can access an education that unlocks their full potential.
NewGlobe’s work is all encompassing and will challenge you to use your full mind, and heart, each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us. More information: newglobe.education
About the role
As an L&D Senior Associate, you will join a team of professional development writers. Our team creates training materials for each of NewGlobe's 10+ international programmes. L&D primarily produces content for two types of training:
- Induction Training - Induction Training is an intensive, 10-day, in-person training for all new teachers and school leaders. The content focuses on helping people new to the programme learn the basics of teaching or school leadership. Induction Training typically happens yearly but can happen more or less often depending on the programme needs. For Induction Training, our team delivers around 120 unique sessions for teachers and 120 unique sessions for school leaders.
- Performance Management Training - Performance Management is ongoing professional development material for the school leader managers in each programme. This content focuses on managing and coaching school leaders and teachers. Performance Management happens during a single, in-person event every two weeks in each of our programmes. For each Performance Management Training, our team delivers about 8 unique sessions.
Your role revolves around efficiently writing high-quality training content. Each week you will deliver around ten unique sessions for one or more programmes. Some of these sessions you will create from scratch, and others you will modify from previously-created material. Each session you create will include a scripted facilitator guide, aligned PowerPoint presentations, and additional learning assets like videos or readings.
What You Will Do
- Deliver 15+ professional development sessions each week, at least 2 of which are created from scratch.
- Review and edit your work and take a peer session from good to great (for example, identifying issues with alignment and overhaul the session to increase trainee mastery) to ensure our product is high-quality and error-free.
- Collaborate with the L&D team and other teams in Cambridge and across the world to ensure training content is accurate, contextualised, and high-quality.
- Independently manage programme-specific professional development projects. For example, you might develop a 12-session professional development series about coaching teachers for school leaders in Kenya.
- Know when your 15+ sessions are due, the feedback timelines, and the complexity of the sessions to manage your own workload and ensure high-quality sessions are delivered on time for multiple programmes.
- A bachelor’s degree - education or related field preferred
- A minimum of 2 years experience in education - teacher training or adult learning preferred
- The ability to simply and clearly communicate complex ideas in writing
- Ability to independently manage training projects end-to-end
- An editor’s eye for detail
What We Offer
- Opportunity for impact: The opportunity to directly impact the experiences of over one million children at a proven, internationally recognized, mission-driven company
- Flexible hybrid working arrangement.
- Health + Dental insurance
- 20 paid leave days (excluding public holidays) and 6 sick days
- Career Mobility: Embrace growth and mobility across teams as our organization's needs expand rapidly
Values of Successful Employees at NewGlobe
We are looking for new joiners who are energized by our mission and share our values. Detailed doers, creative problem-solvers, relentless advocates, malleable learners, data-driven decision-makers and curious investigators do well at NewGlobe. Learn more about our values and how to succeed as a job-seeker at NewGlobe // Bridge on our LinkedIn page.
What to Expect from the Interview Process
We have a rigorous, merit based hiring process. The process is designed to simulate the essential parts of the job and introduce you to your role in the business should you join our team. Apply via our website.
- A screening interview with a member of the Talent Acquisition team
- A performance Task
- A functional interview with the reporting manager
- A values interview with a member of the hiring team
- A reference Check