Who We Are
NewGlobe is working with visionary governments around the world to dramatically improve the quality of basic education. Founded in 2007, we partner with governments to provide integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement -- all grounded in learning science -- to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, Our data-driven approach has been validated by a Nobel-winning researcher and recognition by international leaders in Education. We imagine a world where all children can access an education that unlocks their full potential.
We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe -- a more equitable globe -- to join us. More information: newglobe.education
About the team:
The Communications team is housed with the Strategy group. It collaborates across departments and programmes to create and execute compelling strategies; locally and globally. Communications has a wide portfolio of responsibilities including external and internal relations, advocacy, strategy, digital, reputation management and media relations. We are focused on ensuring that the exceptional achievements being made across a wide portfolio of programming are effectively and impactfully communicated. We lead, develop and support strategies in multiple programmes and continents simultaneously; shaping and influencing the external environments in which we work. We pride ourselves in being able to respond quickly and effectively at all times.
The Strategy Group is responsible for our overall direction in education service, designing our verbal and visual brand, communicating our work internally and externally, providing insight within which we work, measuring the impact of our programs, engaging our government partners in programming, ensuring regulatory compliance, and expanding the reach of our services into new geographies. Creative, Communications, Insights, Measurement & Evaluation, Quality Assurance, Policy & Partnerships, and New Opportunities are all departments within the Strategy Group. Collaboration between and coordination of each of these department’s functions is critical to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country.
About the Role
- We are looking for someone to help tell the support of NewGlobe through gathering and creating impactful content
- Our ideal candidate will be excited about communications and know how to tell a compelling story. They will have a strong understanding of all communications channels and the ability to design content that optimises those channels to drive support for the programme.
- The candidate will be a strong writer and be able to put together news stories; social media posts, storyboards and talking points. They should possess a keen sense of ownership and quick execution.
What You Will Do
- Develop multimedia content and collateral, including stories, photos and videos, generated from across NewGlobe schools in Meghalaya that tell the powerful story of what NewGlobe does and importantly how it does what it does.
- Support management and updating of the website regularly by creating rich and engaging content.
- Find opportunities to insert NewGLobe Education into news and events.
- Support and build our events and public speaking platform within Meghalaya.
- Support the team in delivering the agreed departmental strategy, plans and standards.
- Work within short term and long-term communications plans as conveyed by the Director of Communications.
What You Should Have
- A degree in Communications or any other related field. And a 3 years plus experience in a core communications role is preferred (in house or agency)
- Proven ability to identify and produce compelling material and stories. Familiarity and experience of using WordPress will be an added advantage.
- Proven ability to collate, produce and edit multimedia content for digital channels
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills to deal effectively, efficiently and appropriately with internal and external stakeholders including the media.
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise own workload effectively and efficiently and meet deadlines.Well-developed ability to work well with others as part of a team, providing support as required, and build and maintain effective working relationships.