Sales Manager Mid-West
NewsBreak defines a new way for users to engage with local news and community. We connect and empower local users, local content contributors, and local businesses at scale, with the goal of helping people everywhere live safer, more vibrant, and more truly connected lives. By forging close partnerships with thousands of local publishers and businesses around the country, NewsBreak is helping a new generation of readers find and engage with vital, locally published content and information.
Since our founding in 2015, we have grown by leaps and bounds to become the nation's leading local news app! We now have 50 million monthly active users and ranked #1 in the news app category on Google Play.
We're a Series-C unicorn startup, headquartered at Mountain View, California. For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
About the Role
NewsBreak is seeking experienced sales and marketing professionals to help build and sell NewsBreak’s advertising solutions. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment, and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight. Ideal candidates will have experience and measurable success in an advertising sales environment and experience selling cross-network online marketing solutions such as integrated sponsorships and display advertising. You will also play an essential role in helping build the brand, acting as the primary public face of NewsBreak. You will help us to continue developing the brand’s position in the market and its voice. This is a unique opportunity for someone eager to really put their personal stamp on a newer brand that is already a huge player in Publishing.
- Define and own account plans to unlock investments and drive client’s key performance metrics.
- Partner with teammates and cross-functional partners to structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives - developing account plans, synthesizing market related data, leading client analysis and defining the overall business approach to NewsBreak’s success with digitally focused businesses.
- Prospect and penetrate organizations to drive alignment and influence executive and day-to-day contacts to execute against account plan.
- Develop performance marketing approaches for client to leverage NewsBreak ad solutions, creative approaches, and ad tech infrastructure.
- Collaborate with measurement partners to create learning agendas to help clients measure impact of marketing and adopt NewsBreak measurement solutions.
- Frame client opportunities and challenges to enroll cross-functional support.
- Own forecasting and accurate client analysis to support team planning.
- Create persuasive sales presentations using market trends and case studies.
- Exceed sales goals for yourself and your team.
- Partner with product teams and all cross-functional teams to act as point of contact and deliver collected and consolidated information that prioritizes customer requests.
- Hone in on relevant trends and opportunities in order to craft business cases that support any new requests and/or changes that alter product vision/roadmap.
- Experience with influencer content is a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in Marketing, Brand Advertising, Media Sales, Customer Acquisition and Growth, Consulting, Mobile and/or Online sales.
- 5+ years of experience managing client accounts.
- 3+ years of experience as proven strategic advisor working with C-Level clients.
- Performance marketing experience and/or brand advertising experience.
- Track record of reaching and exceeding business targets.
- Experience introducing performance measures, processes and systems.
- Experience on social media, reseller channels and vertical market.
- Experience working with marketing decision makers in companies and agencies.
We offer competitive benefits package:
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Top-tier 401(K) plan with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Team activity budget