Programmatic Ad Operations Manager
NewsBreak is redefining the way users interact with local news and their communities. By bridging local users, local content creators, and local businesses, our mission is to foster safer, more vibrant, and authentically connected lives. Through robust collaborations with thousands of local publishers and businesses across the nation, NewsBreak is revolutionizing how a new wave of readers access and engage with essential, locally sourced content & information.
Since our inception in 2015, our trajectory has been nothing short of remarkable. We proudly stand as the nation’s premier local news app, boasting 60 million monthly active users and clinching the top spot in the news category on both Google Play and the App Store.
As a profitable, Series-C unicorn startup, our headquarter nestles in the tech hub of Mountain View, California, with other offices in New York City and Seattle. For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
About the Role
The Ad Operations Manager (this is an IC role) will play a pivotal role in building an effective and efficient ad operations workflow, monitoring and improving the ad experience, and leading the ad operations team on day-to-day campaigns operations for both programmatic and direct channels. This also includes preferred deals, direct, programmatic guaranteed, and PMPs that run across our sites; as well as ensuring cross functional alignment of goals and execution. The Ad Ops Manager will also help forge strategic partnerships and drive new monetization initiatives forward.
- Developing our ad operations strategy and execution of campaign operations workflow, ad quality and tech solutions for tracking/tag implementation.
- Ensure quality control across all campaigns by partnering with Sales and external vendors to confirm campaign accuracy, enforce a structured pre-sale/post-sale system.
- Optimize campaign performance, striving to consistently refine tactics and produce exceptional results for our advertisers
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to ad serving, placements, tagging, measurement, and delivery.
- Implement and validate pixels and tags for tracking conversions.
- Onboard new audiences through third party data providers.
- Manage 3rd-party ad tech vendors, interpret 3rd party analytics data.
- Set up private deals (both PMPs and programmatic guaranteed), owning the quality and accuracy of measurement for our direct-sold campaigns.
- Partner with Sales to develop innovative strategies for prospective clients.
- Work with the internal teams(design/legal teams) to ensure we are in compliance with ad policies and dimensions.
- Engage in SMB outreach: sales, media allocation, and advertiser investment decisions.
- 5+ years of experience in a monetization, ad operations, or quantitative role, preferably at publishers, digital media agencies or ad tech companies.
- Experience in establishing systems and processes to create operational efficiencies.
- Experience running In-App ad campaigns.
- Extensive experience running digital advertising campaigns across both direct and programmatic in ad servers (Google Ad Manager/Doubleclick For Publishers preferred).
- Advanced knowledge of Programmatic Guaranteed, Private Marketplace, and Header Bidding campaigns.
- Ability to develop and test solutions for tracking issues and/or tag implementation errors (coding experience a plus).
- Proficiency in recognizing tracking issues through thoughtful and thorough QA.
- Depth of understanding of various ad tag structures (e.g. VAST/VPAID).
- Experience with QAing spec requirements and tag implementation with various publisher/DSP ad operations teams.
- Experience with various URL tagging structures (i.e. ad server/ MMP parameters and macros) and understanding of various attribution methodologies.
- Expertise in ad serving technologies such as Google Campaign Manager (formerly DCM) and Sizmek.
- Exceptional data analytics skills. Familiarity with SQL and data visualization tools such as tableau preferred.
- Comfortability with adapting workflow to shifts in priorities and urgencies.
- Hyper organized and detail oriented by nature.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn fast is a must.
We offer competitive benefits package:
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Top-tier 401(K) plan with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Team activity budget