Ads Tech Solution Architect
NewsBreak is redefining the way users interact with local news and their communities. By bridging local users, local content creators, and local businesses, our mission is to foster safer, more vibrant, and authentically connected lives. Through robust collaborations with thousands of local publishers and businesses across the nation, NewsBreak is revolutionizing how a new wave of readers access and engage with essential, locally sourced content & information.
Since our inception in 2015, our trajectory has been nothing short of remarkable. We proudly stand as the nation’s premier local news app, boasting 60 million monthly active users and clinching the top spot in the news category on both Google Play and the App Store.
As a profitable, Series-C unicorn startup, our headquarter nestles in the tech hub of Mountain View, California, with other offices in New York City and Seattle. For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
Hybrid: 4 days in our Bellevue, WA or Mountain View, CA office
About the role
NewsBreak Ad Platform was launched since 2022 and is currently going through exponential growth. Newsbreak Ad Platform team is currently seeking an experienced Ads tech specialist to help advertisers on the platform to maximize their campaign effectiveness, scale up their spending, and help drive product improvement by closely collaborating with R&D team.
- Analyze campaign data to extract insights and trends, using data-driven decision-making to improve performance.
- Serve as the in-house expert on ad server technologies, ensuring efficient ad delivery and troubleshooting any performance issues. Collaborate with account managers to meet with customers, provide technical support, and give recommendation based on in depth understanding of the product.
- Investigate and resolve technical issues related to ad delivery, tracking, and performance discrepancies.
- Collaborate with Ad server engineering team to monitor and fine tune the overall Ad server performance.
- 5+ years of experience in technical Ad operation, Performance Marketing or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering)
- Familiar with mainstream Ad Platforms like Google Ads, Meta Ads, Tiktok, etc. and has experience optimizing campaign performance to drive conversions
- Familiar with conversion-focused bidding strategies like Google Max, targetCPA, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to execute complex product launches, familiar with mainstream data analysis tools like SQL, Hive and Dashboarding tools
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Customer centric, willing to understand customer’s painpoint and communicate the challenge clearly with the team
- Strong sense of logic and critical thinking skills; data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Experience in performance marketing preferred, i.e. having experience in one of the following:
- Managed and optimized performance campaigns with large budget on the buyer side, or
- Managed performance campaigns as Ad OPs / Account management on publisher side
- Experience with affiliate and e-commerce advertising preferred
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family (100% coverage for employee)
- Top-tier 401(K) plan with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- FSA, HSA and commuter benefits programs
- Team activity budget