Software Engineer, Data
NewsBreak is redefining the way users interact with local news and their communities. By bridging local users, local content creators, and local businesses, our mission is to foster safer, more vibrant, and authentically connected lives. Through robust collaborations with thousands of local publishers and businesses across the nation, NewsBreak is revolutionizing how a new wave of readers access and engage with essential, locally sourced content & information.
Since our inception in 2015, our trajectory has been nothing short of remarkable. We proudly stand as the nation’s premier local news app, boasting 60 million monthly active users and clinching the top spot in the news category on both Google Play and the App Store.
As a profitable, Series-C unicorn startup, our headquarter nestles in the tech hub of Mountain View, California, with other offices in New York City and Seattle. For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
Hybrid: 4 days in our Bellevue, WA or Mountain View, CA office
About the role
As a Data Engineer in this high-impact position, you will be instrumental in establishing and maintaining the data infrastructure that drives the success of our billion-dollar business. You will play a pivotal role in collecting, processing, and organizing data from various sources, ensuring its accuracy, accessibility, and scalability. Your work will empower data-driven decision-making, optimize operations, and contribute to our continued growth and success.
- Develop and manage data pipelines for collecting advertising data from various sources such as ad servers, SSPs
- Design and maintain robust data storage solutions that can handle large volumes of advertising data
- Monitor data quality, ensuring data consistency and accuracy
- Design and develop ETL processes to transform raw data into a format that is useful for analysis
- Optimize data queries and ensure that databases are performing at optimal levels
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports to visualize key advertising metrics
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations like GDPR, CCPA, etc
- 3+ years’ experience doing quantitative analysis within a high-tech company. Startup is a plus.
- 3+ years of experience Data Engineer or in a similar role.
- 3+ years of experience programming with Python, Scala, C/C++, Java, C#, Go, or similar programming language.
- 3+ years of experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift.
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family (100% coverage for employee)
- Top-tier 401(K) plan with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- FSA, HSA and commuter benefits programs
- Team activity budget