Software Engineer, Machine Learning - AIGC
NewsBreak is redefining the way users interact with local news and their communities. By bridging local users, local content creators, and local businesses, our mission is to foster safer, more vibrant, and authentically connected lives. Through robust collaborations with thousands of local publishers and businesses across the nation, NewsBreak is revolutionizing how a new wave of readers access and engage with essential, locally sourced content & information.
Since our inception in 2015, our trajectory has been nothing short of remarkable. We proudly stand as the nation’s premier local news app, boasting 60 million monthly active users and clinching the top spot in the news category on both Google Play and the App Store.
As a profitable, Series-C unicorn startup, our headquarter nestles in the tech hub of Mountain View, California, with other offices in New York City and Seattle. For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
About the role
Are you a Machine Learning Engineer with a passion for bridging technical expertise and business acumen? Do you thrive in building scalable, reliable software and infrastructure? If you're eager to collaborate globally, face challenges head-on, and make substantial impacts, we're looking for you to join our dynamic team.
- Innovate in automated creative generation for advertising, leveraging various modalities like text, image, and video, utilizing LLM models for premium content creation.
- Spearhead the development of next-gen conversational assistants based on LLMs, enhancing user intention understanding and complex task execution.
- Demonstrate self-motivation in devising new solutions to enhance chat experiences, model outputs, and pioneer new products centered around generative AI.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in development, with in-depth knowledge of machine learning technologies (Recommendation System/Advertising Algorithm/NLP/CV), with at least 3 years specifically dedicated to working on advertising systems
- Proven experience in applying Generative AI for marketing in texts, images, and videos. Familiarity with LLMs and model fine-tuning techniques (instruct tuning, SFT, RLHF, etc.).
- A strong passion for emerging technologies and a proven track record in analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and project management skills are highly valued.
- Resilience and determination to elevate our business to new heights.
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family (100% coverage for employee)
- Top-tier 401(K) plan with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- FSA, HSA and commuter benefits programs
- Team activity budget