Software Engineer, Ads
NewsBreak is redefining the way users interact with local news and their communities. By bridging local users, local content creators, and local businesses, our mission is to foster safer, more vibrant, and authentically connected lives. Through robust collaborations with thousands of local publishers and businesses across the nation, NewsBreak is revolutionizing how a new wave of readers access and engage with essential, locally sourced content & information.
Since our inception in 2015, our trajectory has been nothing short of remarkable. We proudly stand as the nation’s premier local news app, boasting 60 million monthly active users and clinching the top spot in the news category on both Google Play and the App Store.
As a profitable, Series-C unicorn startup, our headquarter nestles in the tech hub of Mountain View, California, with other offices in New York City and Seattle. For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
About the role
As a Backend Engineer in this exciting role, you are going to build world-class systems for cutting-edge B2B monetization solutions. We are seeking a skilled and passionate individual who will be instrumental in the development and maintenance of server-side logic, ensuring the high performance and responsiveness of our applications.
- Develop and maintain robust and scalable backend systems for our B2B monetization platforms.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement new features and functionality.
- Develop high-quality, reusable, and scalable code and libraries for future use.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Ensure security and data protection strategies are in place.
- Document all development processes, code, and system changes.
- Implement and maintain database systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in backend development.
- Proficiency in programming languages like Java, Go and Python
- Strong understanding of server-side logic and architecture.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud-based solutions, preferably AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Solid understanding of RESTful APIs and experience in developing them.
- Strong analytical skills and a problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
We offer a competitive benefits package:
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family (100% coverage for employee)
- Top-tier 401(K) plan with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- FSA, HSA and commuter benefits programs
- Team activity budget