Account Manager, Publisher Relationship
NewsBreak is redefining the way users interact with local news and their communities. By bridging local users, local content creators, and local businesses, our mission is to foster safer, more vibrant, and authentically connected lives. Through robust collaborations with thousands of local publishers and businesses across the nation, NewsBreak is revolutionizing how a new wave of readers access and engage with essential, locally sourced content & information.
Since our inception in 2015, our trajectory has been nothing short of remarkable. We proudly stand as the nation’s premier local news app, boasting 60 million monthly active users and clinching the top spot in the news category on both Google Play and the App Store.
As a profitable, Series-C unicorn startup, our headquarter nestles in the tech hub of Mountain View, California, with other offices in New York City and Seattle. For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
About the Role
This role is part of the Business Development team at NewsBreak. This team identifies and sources new quality content partnership opportunities across the US. In order to do this, we build strong relationships with content partners that range from large media groups to small local publications and individual content creators. The Publisher Relationships Manager will own a portfolio of partners, ensuring the success of the relationship and projects associated. In addition, the Publisher Relationships Manager will find ways to maximize partner engagement, revenue opportunities and leverage cross-disciplinary internal teams to provide strategic counsel and insight. The role will require an individual who is proactive, not afraid to get his/her hands dirty, and is comfortable navigating through complex environments.
- Prepare analyses to support business development team in deal preparation, negotiation, as well as deal post-mortem evaluations.
- Manage relationships with key accounts alongside BD POC by responding to inquiries, troubleshooting report inconsistencies, content configuration, etc.
- Collaborate with BD, product, and engineering to support new partner on-boarding.
- Track and maintain deal database, pricing history, and deal term/calendar.
- Maintain other databases essential to account performance and valuation.
- Send monthly revenue reports to publisher partners.
- Bachelor degree in related fields, at least 2 years of account management experience, or equivalent work experience in the Internet industry, Media industry or the similar.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- Strong Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables.
- Basic SQL skills. (There will be basic SQL online assignment for qualified candidates.)
- Agile with large amounts of data and able to generate reports with actionable data insights for partners.
- Strong, effective communicator.
We offer competitive benefits package:
- Health, dental, and vision care for you and your family
- Top-tier 401(K) plan with company matching
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- FSA and commuter benefits programs
- Team activity budget